6.

The next morning Reese woke up in the guest bedroom that she always used when they slept over at Steve's house, which wasn't very often. She slowly sat up and rubbed her eyes before looking around. The only thing different about waking up here this time was that she had obviously shared the room with Eddie, since his stuff was all over the floor from where he had dug in his bag for something before bed.

Plus the other side of this very big bed was messed up, obviously slept on. He was quite a messy person. Eddie usually slept in a different room than her here, so that's what she had expected this time as well. She felt more happy than shocked though. Eddie wasn't in the room, so Reese assumed he was in the kitchen already.

Reese slowly clumb out of bed and stepped around their stuff. When she made it to the door she reached up to open it, but it opened first. The door hit her right in the face and she fell backwards. "Ow..." She whined as she rubbed her nose. "Shit! I'm so sorry.....! Are you ok RaeRae!?" Eddie immediately scooped her up and sat her on the bed, checking her face. Reese nodded but Eddie was too focused on her bloody nose. "Let me go get some toilet paper. Geez...." He sighed. "We are way too accident prone..." He said before rushing to the bathroom down the hall.

Reese held her hands under her chin to catch any falling blood. She knew that Steve and the others didn't mind, but she still didn't want to make a mess. She really loved their house. Eddie did too. He knew where everything was, despite not staying here very often. He got to the bathroom and grabbed some toilet paper for Reeses nose. He was silently cursing himself. He had only been going to wake her up for breakfast. As he walked back past all of the rooms to get to theirs, he got lost in thought.

Steve's house was huge. There were a lot of empty rooms. People sometimes still just called it "Steve's house." But Billy, Max, and Robin lived here too. Steve, Billy, and Robin split the bills and necessities for this house between the 3 of them, since Max was still a kid. They all moved in together since Steve didn't like living alone in such a huge house after his parents stopped coming home completely.

They did call once a month and continued to pay the bills until Steve turned 18. But otherwise they were never really in his life and they definitely weren't in his life now, since they stopped the monthly phone calls. The last phone call was on his 18th birthday and it was only to tell him that the house and bills were in his name and they were his responsibility now.

They did tell him about a trust fund they left him, but he chose to save it for emergencies and add to it when he could. That's why he works. Billy and Max was the first to move in with Steve. They had sold their old house after Neil and Susan finally left, also never to be heard from again, after Billy got custody of Max. Then Robin moved in with them all when she turned 18. Robin works at Family Video with Steve. They met when they worked together at Scoops Ahoy in the mall when Robin was 17. Billy works at the pool as a lifeguard during the summer and at the mechanic shop year round.

He helped Eddie get a part time job at Hawkins Mechanics when Eddie and Reese moved here. Eddie had gotten a week off of work so he could cram study for the finals, thanks to Billy, who was now a manager at the mechanic shop. Eddie now had to worry about finding a babysitter for Reese, since he would be starting work at the shop again the day after graduation. He use to just leave her home alone, but he didn't want to do that anymore.

He also had to really seriously think about their future now. Uncle Wayne was always on business trips while Reese and Eddie was racking up bills in Uncle Wayne's name. Part of the reason Uncle Wayne was working so much was to provide for him and Reese. Eddie felt bad for that. That trailer was also just a one bedroom trailer.

'I'll worry about that later though.' He thought as he turned into the room that Reese was in. He kneeled in front of her and began cleaning her up. Wiping the blood off her face and sticking toilet paper up her nose. "There we go. All cleaned up." He smiled at Reese then frowned. "Kind of.... Let's go wash your bloody hands." He said as he picked her up and carried her to the bathroom.