⤜ chapter XVII

~ The Moment I Knew ~
——————————————

| this chapter is filled with really heavy angst, so beware |

Dream
8:36 PM

George's girlfriend bursts into my room. We're in the middle of a steamy make out session when she does so. He pulls away from me, just as I would expect him to. Hurriedly looking towards the door, horror written all over his and Camille's faces. Even my heart is pounding at the tension flooding the room.

Her jaw is hung wide open, shoulders slouching, eyes squinted. She's speechless as am I. Camille is left standing in disbelief. I can practically see the tears forming within the corners of her eyes, and I don't blame her. This is a horrible situation to walk in on. Your boyfriend cheating on you with a guy. His best friend.

"I thought you were supposed to be gone on a family vacation." George says, staring at the girl in my doorframe.

She nods, I can see tears flowing down her cheeks. "Well, that was the plan. I just came to say goodbye to you before I left." Camille explains, her hand falls from the doorframe. "But by the looks of it, I don't think you'd even care." Her voice is shaken, she wipes a tear from her cheek.

I'm watching the two of them argue to each other. Exchanging glances, but mainly focusing on George. He still looks so flushed. His skin is bright red, and his lips are incredibly swollen from all the kissing we had been doing prior to this.

"Camille, I do care. I promise you, I do." George tries talking to her. He's ignoring the fact that he's still in my bed, shirtless, and busted. There's no point in lying anymore, i'm not sure why he's doing it.

She just shakes her head, tears falling into the carpeted floor of my bedroom. "Did you ever love me?" Camille cries.

George freezes, I feel his body tensing up. His expression says a lot his mouth isn't. He shoots a glance towards me, I don't know why he does that. I cant answer this question for him. "I-yeah." He states, his voice shaking. A very obvious lie that even I can make out.

"Liar. You never once said it to me the whole time we were dating." Camille explains, wiping her tears with the back of her hand.

"But I—" George starts to speak, but he gets interrupted.

Camille shushes him. "No. I don't want to hear it, George. I'm tired of your excuses, and all the lies that i've let go for the past week."

I hear him swallowing down his nerves. His entire body is trembling, I feel it against my bedsheets. "Camille, please just listen to me. Let me explain." He doesn't get to. She interrupts him again.

Shaking her head, Camille sniffles. She makes eye contact with me and I feel exposed. Her glare isn't soft at all. It's intimidating. She returns back to George. "Do you love him?"

My heart races. I'm eagerly looking at George, waiting for his answer. I hadn't expected her to ask him anything like that.

George freezes again, looking at me. His expression is soft, and delicate. We just stare into each other's eyes until Camille interrupts our moment.

"George?" She questions, a hand at her hip. She grips the doorknob. "Do you love him?" Camille asks that question again. Persistent in getting an answer.

He looks down, messing with his fingers. George gulps, I can hear it from beside me. Time goes on, the clock ticking. I'm curious as to what his response might be. I never thought about it before. George loving me. He's never said it to me. I haven't said it to him before. We've never talked about such a thing. A word as strong as that.