Chapter 33

Daniel put the jug of juice and the glasses on the table. Antonio and Lewis looked around the house.

"So, you're telling me that you're the one who sheltered my little sister?" Antonio asked Daniel.

Daniel nodded seriously before sitting next to me. "Yes."

Goodness gracious! Thank you so much! Gosh, those heartless people who abandoned my little girl will pay, are you really okay Mer?!" He said angrily but bowed to Daniel again and again.

"You have to find them and punish them. I can't do that right now because I don't have the skills yet," Daniel said and looked at me. I just gave him a small smile.

I'm currently wearing my longslevees dress and the design is also turtle neck. I have to cover Derek's love bites. It's not just on my neck, there are also on my arms and a few on my thighs.

"Meredith said that you were really a good man. Were you tortured? She's very picky and spoiled! I can't even imagine how she was able to live in the province when her life revolves around the city," Antonio said. I widened my eyes at him.

Daniel laughed softly. "At first, she was picky and didn't eat vegetables. But she eventually ate it."

My cheeks were hot. Right! Because I'm ashamed of Daniel I don't complain anymore. Also, what he cooks is really delicious.

Antonio also laughed. "So... h-how can we pay you?"

Daniel frowned before shaking his head. "There's no need."

"No, Daniel! You told me you wanted to continue your studies, right?" I said.

"Meredith, I can do that. I have savings and next month I might go to Seattle. Aleyah's father said he will help me find a school and a job there because he knows a few people."

I sighed before slowly nodding. Good for him, then? Aleyah might also go with him.

"Oh, maybe a few cash won't hurt, Daniel?"

"It's not really-"

"Daniel!" I said irritated.

My eyes are getting hot because I'm going to leave him. He glanced at me and his expression softened.

"Okay, if Meri wants."

"That's what I want!" I insisted while crying. He chuckled softly before hugging me.

I also hugged him while crying. I've had many memories with for the past two months and I can say I treasure him so much.

"Thank you, Daniel.. Thank you," I said over and over again. He hushed me while stroking my hair. I also felt him kiss my forehead.

"Meri...hush now, please.." he said gently.

"I'll miss you," I whispered.

"I'll miss you too. I don't regret letting you live here," he said softly. "You brought me back to life, Meri. Before, I was just a workaholic but when you came, it was as if I came alive. My little house became colorful because of you."

I cried again with his short message. "I'll miss you. I'll never forget you. Take care, I hope we meet, okay?"

"Of course."

I stood sadly while Antonio and Daniel talked.

Cristina and Izzie rushed inside the house. They hugged me and almost saw me too

"We were right, you're leaving! We were just watching the sunsets the other day!" Izzie said crying.

"I'm sorry... I'm leaving," I said sadly.