Chapter 37

I woke up only to find out I'm in a white room. I haven't regained consciousness and I immediately saw my husband's face. He looks mad and also worried.

"Derek," I called weakly.

I didn't really understand what he said but after a while he quickly walked out. I felt hurt watching him leave me here.

Little by little, what happened earlier came back to me. I was in a shoot! I passed out that's why I'm here. But how about that project? What will happen?

I was thinking about it when Juliana came in, followed by Derek, and a female doctor. I sat on the bed to meet them.

"Are you okay?! I was so worried!" Juliana said and hugged me. I hugged her a bit.

"I'm fine." I mumbled.

She stepped aside and Derek took his place. His jaw tensed, as if he was angry about something. His face was red with anger but also worried at the same time.

"Hubby," I called softly. He immediately wrapped his arms around my waist and stomach while kissing my senses.

"I'll never let this happen again," he said emphatically. He is mad, confirmed.

When I look at the doctor, she's smiling very warmly while watching us. She's also holding papers.

"I have a hunch that I already know this case, but we still have to do tests."

I frowned and looked up at Derek. He doesn't look surprised at all, he actually looks angry. I was a little afraid of him. If he isn't hugging me while kissing my hair, I would think he's mad at me.

"What do you mean? Am I sick?" I asked and was scared. I snuggled closer to Derek's chest and looked at Juliana who was seriously listening to the doctor.

"Hmm... Mrs. Shepherd, did you get your period this month?"

Shit. No... I can't be pregnant, right? I have this whole career in front of me!

"She didn't." Derek answered for me. Juliana looked at me meaningfully.

"Mr. Shepherd, I recommend your wife to undergo an hCG test," she said to Derek.

"Wait, what's that?" I asked in alarm.

"That test is done to measure the amount of the hormone hCG in blood or urine to see if a woman is pregnant."

I couldn't speak immediately. I don't know the reaction. If I am pregnant, I'm having a baby with Derek!!

"Hubby," I called fearfully.

"Shhh, I'm here," he said softly and kissed my forehead.

"But for the mean time, please don't stress yourself, Mrs. Shepherd What happened to you earlier is very dangerous," she said. "Excuse me, I'll prepare the test first." She left and I was left stunned.

"Oh my! Y-you're pregnant?!" Juliana couldn't stop herself anymore.

I shook my head. No... Not that I don't want to have a baby. But what about my career?

Juliana then excused herself so we can have our privacy.

"Even without that test, I know you're pregnant. Baby, all these weeks, I was waiting for your period," his voice became soft. He sat on the bed and came close to me so that I was holding his chest.

"Do you hear me, wife? You are pregnant with our baby," his voice trembled and I didn't know what the reason was.

He licked his lips before he looked away, he looked so amused. He looks like he can't believe it. He was cursing again and again.