Stuck Together

Putting her diary back into her bag, the young (First name)(Lastname) let out a sigh. Across to her was the young Abel Heilon sitting in front of fire she manage to lit up earlier.

They were now stuck inside a cave deep in the forest. It was all due to the navigators carelessness that the whole squadron end up in a mess, not only that, in the middle of chaos among the upcoming demons was an assassin.

In the middle of it was the heir to the duchy, Abel Heilon.

And her mentor who have seems to put the pieces together ordered (First name) to run away with Abel, making sure she'll protect him in the process as they get away at the scene.

All that happened which now leads to this scene.

"I'm not sure if my emergency supplies would last for a week. But my mentor mentor did say they'll do their best to find us in a span of three days."

The young (First name) spoke, throwing an apple in the direction of young Abel in which he gracefully catch with ease.

Both were filled with silence after that. It was awkward after all for some odd reasons, even the anxiety from earlier was still there so both has no choice but to calm down in silence.

"Does that happen all the time?"

Although you have not indicated what it was, both of you knew what you were talking about.

"Ever since the new emperor rise on the throne."

"Make sense, father did say your father was a huge torn in the eyes of the emperor."

It doesn't seems like youngsters were talking, yet it was indeed the youngsters who was talking.

Youngsters who knew too much about the world around them.

Shifting at your seat, you straighten your back.

"Are you scared?"

Then your (eye color) iris met with a pair of gray iris ones that has a glint on them that somehow made your heart skipped a beat.

"Scared? I want to rip their heads off their body and feed them to the demons."

There was a few moments of silence after that, then you laugh. A laugh that echo all throughout the cave.