Blessing

You were casually walking down the hallways of the castle, it was lively yet silent and at the moment and you were just enjoying your lone time walking down with no one in sight.

It was until you happened to walk down the garden, you were just casually passing by as you currently got nothing to do and just wasting your time outside when you happened to catch a glimpse of a child around the garden.

Out of curiosity, you followed the figure of the child until you found her in the middle of the garden.

It was the same child you have seen a couple of days ago, the same child that is now a mage of the North.

You've heard stories about her accomplishments in the walls. Honestly you expected yourself to grew jealous and yet it only made you feel proud of her.

Maybe because somehow you could see yourself in her, although you knew nothing about her background, she seems like a lovely child.

As you made up your mind, you cast a magic on yourself as you step out of the shadow, slowly turning your (hair color) locks into brown ones and upon doing so, your eyes were turning red but you manage to suppress it all thanks to the bracelet you were wearing at the moment as you cast a magic to turn it into amber iris.

"Hello."

You spoke as you approached the little girl a couple of steps away from you

"Hi."

She smiled back at you

Cute

Makes you want to pinch her cheeks

"Aren't they pretty?"

You asked, pointing at flowers around the garden

"Yes.."

She agreed and somehow trail off

"It makes me wonder how they manage to survive out in the cold."

"I used to wonder about that too when I was a child too."

You chuckle as you notice her pouting

"Does that mean you lived in here for a very long time now?"

"You could say that."

"But I don't see you often in the Castle though?"

"That's because I serve on a different wing than the rest of the maids."

Guessing she must have mistaken you for a maid, you just get along with it.

Crouching down to her height, you look at her in eyes.

"I've heard stories about your accomplishments on the walls. Thank you for protecting us Little Lady."

"I was just doing what the Duke want me to."

"Hmmm? Really? Is he treating you well thought?"

"Everyone in the North treats me well."

She laugh, the smile on her face were genuine.

"Really?"

"Really."

When she smiles so brightly, how could you not believe?

"Strange."

You trail off as you touch her hair, patting her at the head gently

"You really look like him at the same time you don't."

The young Fiona swore that was the most saddest yet contented smile she have even seen in her lives that she would soon forget.

"Really looks like who?"

The young child looked irresistible when she asked that that you almost answered

And as much as you want to prolonged the conversation between the two of you.

The pain was slowly becoming unbearable for you.

"Little Miss?"

You called out the child you don't even know the name

"Can you close your eyes for a moment?"

The young Fiona who had her guard up most of the time would not trust such unknown adult who came after her adding the fact that this was actually the first time they have met.

And yet she did, closing her eyes, she swore she have seen those amber iris turned red, but it was only for a moment, for before she could ask what in the world was happening.

The young Fiona have already received the blessing of the most power Tower Magician of the Empire ever lived, and thus her memories of her were erase.

For the moment she opened her eyes, she was there all alone in the garden with thermal magic cast upon her.

Looking at the scene, Fiona could not hold back her tears, the memories of those scene now coming back into her.

She could not believe it, but now that she had actually see it for herself. (First name)(Lastname) has given her a blessing the first few weeks of her in the North.

Taking a step back to process everything, she end up passing through someone causing her to halt and look into her side.

Looking at it, there was her father staring at the scene like he had seen everything, because he did.

The way his hand was clench into a fist, she knew that he had seen everything.