The wall

It was early October and you were staying at your aunt's place up north. Even though you've been going to her place every year you couldn't seem to find comfort in anyone else's company, well except your aunts. She was basically your part time mother while you weren't in your hometown, you also had a pet. Her name was Erin she was a gorgeous brown dog. Energetic and playful and the second friend you made these past few years.
—————————————————————————————————————————————
The first day I arrived I decided to walk Erin through out the neighborhood. Walking on the crunchy leaves and the cool air kissing my nose. I noticed a path that led to a dead end and a stone wall. Which is really out of place for a neighborhood like my aunt's, most of these houses are new. So a mossy stone wall was pretty suspicious, me and Erin walked back to the house ignoring the wall. When we reached the house my aunt was already home making us dinner. I plopped down at the dinner table to watch her cook, as she asks me how my day was. "So, how was today?" She asked "calm, but I've got a question" I said slumping over with my face in my hands "Go for it" she says stirring the pot of dinner "what's with the stone wall blocking the trail to the woods?" I asked. Waiting for a response she hums at me intrigued, putting down her spoon she turns to me. She says "It leads to a private farm I believe or government park? No one really knows" looking genuinely lost as if she couldn't figure out what it was. Later on after dinner I really wanted some hot chocolate, and man the one shop in town that had it was almost 20 minutes away. So. I grabbed the car keys and my coat kissed my aunt goodbye and said bye to Erin. I got back home almost 40 minutes later. I found my aunt and Erin asleep on the couch, I pulled a blanket over her and Erin and made my way upstairs to bed. I found myself thinking about that wall and wondering what could it possibly be hiding. Tomorrow I was definitely going to find out.
Waking up the next day and getting into some warm clothes I headed down the stairs to greet my aunt and Erin. With breakfast over and Erin needing to use the bathroom, we headed out the door. As we were getting close to the stone wall I felt the cool breeze kiss my nose and cheeks. Looking up at the towering wall I felt...intrigued but not scared. I climbed it. And sitting on the top I looked out onto a beautiful field of golden cat tails and wheat. As I was looking out on the breathtaking view of the field something caught my eye. It was a grape tree, well the tree, was enveloped in grape vines. It was beautiful, strong and tall and somehow glowing? Something was behind the tree, glowing almost as bright as the sun. Leaning over to get a better look at the glowing anomaly; I made eye contact with the illuminating being......I lost my balance. And fell into the wheat blacking out for a minute or two. Waking up to a scent of cinnamon? Brown sugar? Honey? All of it, including a really tall shadow hovering over me. "Are..you..alright?" Said the blurry figure extending out a hand to help me up. "Uh..yeah maybe" I say with a huff accepting the beings helping hand, their HUGE hand. Standing up and brushing off my butt and thanking the being for the help. Now finally looking up at them with their hands on their knees, centimeters from my face. With curious eyes they straightened their back standing all the way up looming over me at least 7 or 8 feet tall. With beautiful dark skin and golden locs, and gorgeous apricot eyes with silk fabrics covering every part of their body with glowing golden sun accents. But something behind them was swaying back and forth. A tail? Yeah a tail. My mouth was left agape sent into shock and awe from how I could be in the same presence of such a beautiful soul. I guess they caught on after a minute of silence and made a sloppy smile at me. When I finally floated back down to earth I asked what the beacon of light name was. They answered "My name is Topaz", still taking everything in they way their name rolled off their tongue was like maple out of a tree. With my breath still taken away I whisper "wow" infatuated by the name choice. Topaz then asks me my name and I answer " My name is [y/n], quick question where am I?"

—————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————

Authors note:
hello!! I would like to thank you all for reading the first page of my oc fic! This was originally for my best friend but I feel like I should share this with everyone lol -Trinity