𝗃𝗈𝗁𝗇 𝖻 « 𝗌𝗂𝗇𝗀𝗅𝖾 𝖽𝖺𝖽

warnings: none, just John B being a wholesome single dad <3

type: all fluff

plot: John B is a single dad to a little girl named Bailey and he's just doing the best he can.. 🥺

——————————————————————————

"BEEP, BEEP, BEEP, BEEP"

John B's alarm sounded off. He lazily sat up and wiped his eyes, letting out a sleepy groan. He looked over at the crib that was right beside his bed, seeing his daughter move around while doing her usual baby banter. John B couldn't help but smile while he watched her. He got up from the bed and picked Bailey up from her crib. Bailey smiled as she looked at John B and latched onto him like a koala.

"Hey sweetheart, good morning!" John B hummed as he gave her a soft kiss to the forehead.

John B carried her to the kitchen and prepared her morning bottle. Once it was ready, he gave her the bottle and hummed to her as he fed her. It didn't take her long to finish drinking the milk.

"Wow, You must've been hungry, you chugged it down fast" John B giggled.

Bailey giggled at that, even though she had absolutely no understanding of what he just said. Suddenly, John B heard a knock on the front door and walked over with Bailey to answer it. He opened it to see a smiley JJ with his hands out.

"Gimme my niece." JJ demanded.

John B rolled his eyes. It wasn't unusual for JJ to randomly show up at 8:00 in the morning.

"Okay but just so you know, she just ate. So if she throws up on you again, don't get mad at me" John B shook his head and chuckled.

John B handed Bailey to JJ, and Bailey smiled up at JJ.

"Well Bailey can puke on me all she wants, I'll love her anyways" JJ giggled.

JJ came inside and sat on the couch, holding Bailey as John B went to give himself something to eat.

"Do you want anything to eat or drink, JJ?" John B asked him.
"I might make me a bowl of cereal when I'm done holding this lil' angel" JJ smiled, saying the 'this lil angel' part in a high pitch tone, making Bailey giggle.

John B smiled at the two of them as he made himself a bowl of cereal.

"Kiara and Pope are coming over in a little bit to see Bailey, i told them i was coming to see her and they didn't hesitate to say they were coming to see her too." JJ told John B.
"You guys come to visit her more than you come to visit me" John B laughed.
"Well y'all are a package deal" JJ laughed back.
"True, True" John B nodded.

Bailey babbled at JJ causing JJ to gasp jokingly.

"What did you just say to me?!" JJ said in a high pitched voice, making Bailey laugh.

John B smiled at the two of them as he sat at the kitchen table to eat his cereal. JJ glanced over at John B and squinted.

"So how have you been?" JJ asked him.
"Eh, just about how you expect a single dad to be.." John B sighed.
"Stressed and Busy?" JJ huffed with a slight smile.
"Very much so" John B scoffed.

John B looked up from his cereal to look at Bailey, who was staring at him with a big smile, a special smile that could only be revealed by her daddy. John B smiled in awe at her.

"i wouldn't change it for the world though.. it's worth it for her." John B shrugged.

JJ smiled as Bailey cuddled into his chest.

"she's a very lucky girl.. she's so very loved and has a group of people who would risk everything for her.. You, Me, Kiara, and Pope.. ain't you just lucky?" JJ hummed the last part into her forehead with a big smile.
"Her and I both don't know what we'd do without y'all..." John B smiled.

JJ smiled up at John B. Suddenly, a loud knock on the door sounded off, scaring Bailey a little.

"I'm sure i know who that is.." JJ giggled.

John B got up and approached the door, opening it to a smiley Kiara and Pope. They ran inside and their attention immediately went to Bailey. Bailey snapped her head around and smiled brightly, babbling at them.

"There's my sweet lil' Bailster!" Kiara cooed.

She walked over to JJ and grabbed Bailey out of his arms. She walked over to Pope and the two of them stared at her adorableness together.

"Well hello to y'all too.." John B giggled.
"Oh, hey John B... I forget you exist" Kiara laughed, the last part obviously being a joke.
"Yeah... same" Pope agreed, laughing with her.

John B just smiled and rolled his eyes. He went back to the table and finished off his cereal, putting the bowl in the sink. He got up and joined JJ on the couch, Kiara and Pope following shortly after. Kiara handed Bailey to Pope to let him hold her. Kiara looked at John B and patted his shoulder.

"So how have you been?" Kiara asked him, smiling.
"Pretty stressed.. but that's kinda expected when you're a dad" John B shrugged.
"Well you know we're just a call away if you need help" Pope budded in.
"I know, thanks for that" John B smiled.

Randomly, Bailey started to cry, reaching for John B. John B grabbed her from Pope and bounced her on his leg. Kiara pouted her bottom lip out at Bailey.

"Aww.. What's wrong, poguey?" Kiara hummed to her.

Bailey reached to hug John B. John B stopped bouncing her and pulled her up to his chest. She snuggled up into his chest and cried in his shoulder.

"You okay, lil' angel?" JJ frowned and put his finger up to her tiny hand, making her wrap her hand around it.

John B got up and walked around the chateau with her, calming her down. Bailey soon got back to her bubbly self after a few minutes.

"You're a natural." Kiara complimented John B.

John B smiled and sat back down with Bailey. He put Bailey on the floor to let her crawl around.

"i don't know what I'd do without this little hooligan" John B smiled contently.

the rest of the Pogues looked down at Bailey, and giggled.

"Me either" JJ, Pope, and Kiara said in unison.

Bailey was too young to even realize how truly lucky she is. Though the only biological family she has right now is John B, she has a bigger family than she realizes.. one made out of pure love.