𝗃𝗃/𝗃𝗈𝗁𝗇 𝖻 « 𝖼𝗁𝗈𝗈𝗌𝖾

warnings: some swearing, a bit short (not really a warning but whatever)

type: angst w/ a tad bit of fluff towards the end

plot: JJ and John B both have a thing for you, and you have a thing for both of them. They make you choose between them.

——————————————————————————

"You have to choose, y/n! me.... or him?" JJ sighed, motioning towards John B.
"i'm not doing this JJ... you can't make me choose" You sigh shakily, anxious.
"Yes i can, you can't date both of us, so choose!" JJ growled.
"JJ... if she doesn't wanna choose, she doesn't have to.. maybe she needs time-" John B tried to ease the situation.
"NO, SHE DOES! just choose y/n!" JJ huffed.
"i-i... i..." You stuttered.

John B and JJ have both been your best friends since 3rd grade. JJ can make you laugh when you really need it, he's not huge on PDA, he can be aggressive when mad like he is currently, he's VERY protective. John B on the other hand knows exactly what to say when you need his help/comfort, he's pretty big on PDA, he can be passive-aggressive when mad, he's protective but let's you have your space, he can be so focused on trying to find the gold that he doesn't focus on you much. Both boys have their good and bad qualities, how could you choose?

"CHOOSE-" JJ yelled.
"JOHN B! OKAY?! I CHOOSE.. JOHN B ROUTLEDGE!!" You screamed at him.

JJ sat silent, his heart breaking hearing you say John B's name.

"I MEAN, LOOK AT YOU! YOU'RE SCREAMING AT ME FOR NO REASON! JOHN B'S NOT! HE'S A BETTER MATCH FOR ME, HE ACTUALLY GIVES A SHIT ABOUT ME!" You yelled.

JJ stood quietly, looking down at the ground. John B didn't know what to say.

"I'M... JUST... i'm sorry, JJ..." You sigh, running your hands through your hair.
"He's who you actually want?" JJ mumbled, looking up at you.
"I-" you pause.

You look at JJ and then at John B. You feel butterflies for John B, but not as much for JJ. You look at JJ as more of a brother figure than anything. You love JJ, of course you do, but John B seems to be who you're meant to be with.

"Yes... i do" You sigh, smiling faintly at John B.

A bright smile spread across John B's face.

"Are you sure?" John B hummed.
"Yes, i want you" You nodded.

JJ looked down.

"i'm really sorry JJ, i'll always love you... but only like a best friend, nothing else.. hell, you're like a brother to me" You frown.
"i understand... i'm sorry if i scared you" JJ sighed.

You went up to him and hugged him, and he hugged back. A small smile spread across his face.

"Everything will he the same between us... right?" You asked.
"Yes.. always" JJ nods, smiling faintly.

You nod and smile, looking over at John B. You walked over to him and hugged him. JJ walked off, knowing what was going to happen. You stop hugging John B, looking behind you at JJ walking towards the chateau. You frown, causing John B to turn your face towards him.

"he'll be okay, he's tough" John B reassured.
"i know" You sighed.

You look into his eyes, and he does the same to you. You slowly lean in and press a soft kiss to his lips. You both pull away and smiled, walking back towards the chateau with your fingers interlocked together.

———————————————————

a/n: since everyone who writes imagines like this with JJ and John B usually makes the reader choose JJ, i figured i'd give John B the spotlight this time!