#1

The exam centre was located somewhere outskirts of Jodhpur. It was around one or half past one in the afternoon. The candidates had began to walk out of the exam centre where a mains banking exam was just conducted on the Saturday. The candidates were chattering about the exam.

Many of them looked confident especially the girls who were too excited about the result. The girls were actually gorgeous and some of them were cute too especially those who were in glasses. Anyway, not talking about the boys, who even cares about them.

A twenty six year old Ayan Mishra gave the parking slip to the gatekeeper of the parking lot. He drove his bike out of the centre which was located around thirty kilometres from his residence.

He was riding his bike on a main road with a helmet on his head. Ayan had been preparing for banking exams since he was twenty three when he had completed his post graduation in commerce. More than three years had passed but he was unable to secure a job.

He was able to clear the preliminary phase but couldn't make it in the mains level. He was the single child of his parents.

His father Mr. Varun Mishra was a banker at a public sector bank. Before being a banker he had served in Indian Air Force for twenty six years.

Ayan's mother Mrs. Madhuri Mishra was a home maker who had only one wish to see her son securing a government job and then getting him married with a girl which they would select on their own. Love marriage was not his cup of tea because he had no girlfriend.

Never. He was never in a relationship not because he never wanted too but he was a bit introvert and shy whenever he had to ask to a girl. That's doesn't mean he had never confessed but he had tried once when he was in school. He once gifted a pack of chocolate to his crush Vaidehi on her birthday when they were in twelfth class.

She accepted the gift but didn't respond. A few hours later he found the same chocolate in the possession of her male best friend. From then he was afraid to confess his feelings before anyone not even before a Ayanti who had been living next door of him for last six years.

At the time where a teenager rides a bike with a girl at his backseat, Ayan only used to ride his bike only to bring groceries at home rather than a daughter in law for his mother. On valentines day when couples gifts each other, Ayan used to draw sketches of cartoons because that's what used to fascinate him to escape his reality.

He was not a happy go lucky guy who was enjoying his life but he was a bit miserable. He had a number of thoughts inside which were mainly regarding his career. He had a doubt on his potential that's what used to make him feel him insecure about his future.

While riding the bike, he was still thinking about the mains exam which he had written in the centre. He knew he was not going to make it again this time too because he always had issues with the ' General Awareness ' section of the exam.

He was unable to retain the section even after reading daily and monthly magazines and attending online lectures.

The only thing that must be questioned is why one needs to calculate the speed of a hundred metre that crosses a two hundred metre platform in sixty seconds only to get a clerical position at a bank. Sucks.

He parked his bike by a snack corner to have a plate of kadhi samosa. He sat on the chair and kept the plate on the table inside the shop. While he was having the one, his phone rang. He pulled out his phone from the pocket in which the call from his mother.

He attended the call.

He said, " Mummy, I am coming home. I am on the way. "

" You should have called at the centre. "

" Sorry, actually I just forgot. "

" Have you eaten something outside? "

He looked at the plate.

" No. I'll eat at home. Mummy, hang up the phone, there is another call. "

Mrs. Madhuri hung up the call. Ayan attended the other call which was from his college mate Rishabh Agrawal. Actually, CA Rishabh Agrawal. He had his own office inside a commercial complex. The registered name of his office was ' CA RISHABH AND ASSOCIATES '.

Rishabh asked, " Are you home? "

" Nah I have stopped to have some snack. "

" Party before becoming a banker? "

" What nonsense are you speaking? "

" Why? How were the exams? "

" Leave it. "

" But why? "

" I pooped again. "

" Again? "

" What did you hear then? "

" Okay. Calm down man. Come to my office. We'll have tea together. "

" Are you sure? "

" Are you coming or not? "

" Coming. "

Ayan paid cash after having the snack. He arrived at the complex where he parked his bike inside the premises. He went upstairs to the second floor to Rishabh's office.

He sat before Rishabh who made a call and ordered two cups of tea. He hung up the call.

Ayan said, " You have maintained the office well. The fragrance is nice actually. "

" It has to be done for the clients. Tell me why you were frustrated. "

" I am always frustrated. "

" I used to be frustrated too during my studies. You should not have dropped CA. "

Ayan nodded as he was agreed to him.

" It's been a long time since I had began to prepare. Nothing is going on the way. "

" Time heals everything, brother. "

" I am 26 now. How much would it take now? "

Rishabh sighed.

" That's what I am saying for a long time. Practically speaking you are 26 now. Your dad will be retired in coming years. "

" I don't know but I don't feel like doing a job. "

" So what are you going to do then? "

" I don't know but in case of corporate sector, they pays a frugal salary. I have seen people struggling to maintain their work life balance. "

" In this country it's better not to talk about work life balance in corporate sector. And if you are a new one they'll pay you frugal. It's time you should start now or wait till you attain thirty. "

A man came inside with a kettle and two cups. He filled the cups with the tea.