#27

ONE YEAR AGO:

Late night. Sumit, the railway line man was doing some stuff near the first track when he heard the sound of a vehicle. He saw a police SUV which had arrived by the third railway track which was at a distance from him.

Inspector Dhawan came out of the driver's seat. He opened the back door and pulled out a girl, Rhea who was blind folded with a black band.

Sumit hide behind a axle counter box which was near the light pole. He kept looking at them. Another car arrived in front of SUV. Sumit was going anxious about the situation. Vinay came out of the car.
He came near to the girl.

Dhawan removed the band from Rhea's eye. She rubbed her eye and looked at Vinay and was astonished to see him before her.

Vinay said, " I had warned you earlier not to file any complaint. "

Rhea cried and requested.

" I won't tell it to anyone. I will leave the town. Just let me go please. "

Vinay looked at Dhawan.

" Shall we leave her? "

" I think we should leave her. "

Rhea cried, " I promise I won't tell it to anyone. "

Dhawan interrupted, " She should leave us. "

Vinay added, " For ever. "

Vinay turned around where an express train was approaching with lights on. The train also blowed the horn while approaching. Sumit became more anxious and he knew something disturbing was about to happen.

Dhawan strapped the band on Rhea's eyes. She resisted but Vinay held her hand tightly. Dhawan looked at him and gave a nod. He stepped back.

As the train was about to cross the track, Vinay pushed Rhea before the train and she fell on the track. She sighed and made herself to stand up. She could hear the sound of the train which was closing. Before she could do anything the train rammed her that made Sumit to scream loudly.

Dhawan turned around and spotted him. He pointed the gun at him.

He yelled, " Stop! "

Dhawan and Vinay came near to the axle counter box and saw Sumit who was hidden behind it. Sumit walked ahead nervously with his hands up.

Vinay asked, " Did you see anything? "

Sumit didn't respond but mummed.

Dhawan yelled, " Did you see anything? "

He nervously shook his head.

" I didn't see anything. "

Vinay asked, " What do you do? "

Sumit answered nervously, " I am a lineman. "

Vinay nodded.

" Can you do us a favour? "

Dhawan looked at him and asked him, " What are you saying? "

" Come with me. "

Dhawan and Vinay talked in private on the track.

Dhawan asked him, " What are you saying? "

" We can use him as our eyewitness. He'll give statement about the incident as per our instruction. "

" And why would he do so? "

" Quite simple. For money. I'll ask my father for the same and we'll provide him the passport. "