#4

Yaduvir left his stuff, came to him and sat on the chair and began to write the medicine batch records in his diary.

He said, " There is no sense of talking about her. The issue here is she has been engaged and will marry Rishabh in a few months. You have to move on, man. "

" We used to go gym together. We used to train each other sometimes. She had trained me for my legs and shoulders. Many a times I have also dropped her whenever she didn't bring her own vehicle. "

He turned to him.

" Ayan, leave it. Be practical. You should have told her once. Trust me. I don't know whether she would have accepted or not but you know it's your fault. "

Ayan nodded.

He sighed and asked,

" What if I had confessed before her? Do you think she would have accepted it? "

" Ayan, look. Honestly speaking even if she had accepted, it would have been be a casual relationship, not a serious one. "

Ayan didn't respond.

Yaduvir continued, " You know why? Because you don't earn, seriously. Don't take it otherwise but it's true. You are not unfamiliar with the so called modern society. "

" I know how this society makes the opinion. There is no place for the people like me. "

" Ayan, don't get hurt by my words. I'll just suggest you to do one thing, work on yourself as much as you can. Don't think about the girl, whoever she is. "

Ayan was deeply affected by his words and he had decided to move on. His pain had become lighter now.

He received a message on his phone. He looked at the inbox which had a link of an online meeting app.

He said, " Oh! It's my interview at three. "

" Nice, good luck. "

Ayan was about to leave, he was interrupted by Yaduvir.

" Hey! "

Ayan stopped and Yaduvir threw a packet of condom towards him who caught the packet.

Ayan asked, " Why this? "

" Atleast buy something. My father will check the CCTV. He will think that I passes time by talking to random people and doesn't work. "

" That's okay but what I'll do with it? "

" It's for the girl next door of your house. "

Ayan threw the packet back at him and left after speaking a curse word to him. As he went outside, Yaduvir urged him loudly to buy the one.

He said, " Hey, you have left your item here. Take it from here. "

Ayan smiled and get on his bike.

He came downstairs of his house to the hall with his mobile phone and an earphone. Madhuri was watching a television show while sitting on the dining chair in the hall.

She asked, " Did it go well? "

" It was fine. Mr. Sumesh told me that I am actually fit for the role. I am just a bit older but I believe they will shortlist me for the job. "

" And now? "

" They'll send the reply and the call letter will be received once I gets selected. "

" Oh! I have heard that Rishabh has been engaged. "

Ayan didn't respond and began to access his phone.

She asked, " Is it true? "

" I don't know. I didn't ask him. "

He went to his bedroom, turned on the fan and layed down on the bed with his eyes opened looking at the moving fan.

A week later, Ayan's father Mr. Varun was about to open the entrance gate to leave for his office when he saw an envelope on the ground near the gate. He picked up the envelope which had Ayan's name and address mentioned on it.

" Ayan! "

He called him in a loud voice. Ayan was sleeping in his bedroom when it was about to strike nine in the clock. Madhuri came to him to wake him up.

He opened his eyes slightly and hummed.

She said, " There is a letter for you. "

She gave him the letter. He took it and saw the company's name ' Growth and Investment Accounting Services '. He sat on his bed, drew the letter out of it and began to read.

Madhuri asked, " Is it for the job? "

He nodded.

" Yes. It's a call letter. I have to join the company on Tuesday. "

" Talk to dad once. "

" What for? "

" About the letter. "

He turned to her.

" They have mentioned that I have to join them by Tuesday. The date and the timing is also in the letter. It is as simple as that. "

" He may arrange the bus or train for you and the stay facility. "

" Mr. Somesh is there. I will talk to him about the stay. "

Ayan packed his clothes in a bag pack. He put a pair of his 5kg dumbbells in a section of the bag. He kept a file along with his books and laptop in a separate luggage bag.

A train was parked by the station at evening. Ayan was sitting on the lower berth of a three tier coach. His father, Varun was sitting before him.

Varun said, " The train will arrive at Amabala Cantt by tomorrow noon. Then you have to take a bus to reach Karimbigiri which will go through Shimla. "

Ayan nodded.

" I'll call you once I reach there. "

Varun nodded, he pat Ayan's shoulder and smiled.

" Take care, son. "

He looked at his wrist watch.

" The train is about to depart now. I should leave now. "

As, Varun left the coach, the train began to move. A female passenger, Ileana who was in her late twenties came to him while he was going through stuffs in his backpack.

" Excuse me! " She said.

Ayan turned up his head to her.

He answered, " Yes? "

" The seat, actually. "

" Oh! My seat is at the upper berth. I'll go there in a moment. "

He lifted his bag and kept it on the upper berth. He helped the girl in placing her bags under the seat.

The ticket checker came to the compartment. Ileana spelt her name and seat number to the checker and so did Ayan. Ayan received a phone call from Mr. Somesh Agrawal. He attended the call and sat on the edge of the seat.

He answered, " Sir, I am in the train. "

" Has the train left the station? "

" It has just departed sir. "

" Okay. So, make me a call once you reach Ambala Cantt. From there you will need to get a bus from the terminal to reach Karimbigiri. "

" Yes sir. "

" I have talked to one of my contacts. He provides accommodation facility on rent. He'll manage to get you a room for rent. "

" Sure sir. Thank you. "

" Okay. Take care, son. "

Ayan hung up the call.