#6

Ileana said, " Got it. I used to be the same as you but in this corporate scenario you will have to learn to sustain in the same company for a long period of time. "

He sighed, " Well, I'll try that and I am sure I will be able to consider what you told me. "

" For the betterment, you should gain some kind of hobby to keep you on track in your life. Like me, whenever I used to feel low during my career, I used to listen to music to refresh my mood. You should try something like that. "

" I like sketching. That's what makes me feel pumped up whenever I fails an exam. Not actually failed, I just lack interest in appearing in those shitty examinations. "

Ileana chuckled and continued to have her snack.

The sound of bus horn honking was heard.

Ayan said, " Let me see if it's ours or not. "

Ayan came out of the shop and looked at the recently arrived bus and it's license plate.

" That's ours. "

Ayan and Ileana boarded the bus along with other passengers. She got the window seat and he sat beside her. The bus began to move.

Ileana played a music in her phone which was attached to her earphone. She offered one earbud to Ayan to listen the song. He hesitated but she urged him to do so.

As the bus was going on, the both were enjoying a soothing song with earphones. At a moment, Ayan began to feel sleepy and he laid his head on her shoulder to have a nap.

Ileana turned to her, looked at him who was having a sleep. She smiled and turned back to the window.

The bus was parked at the terminal in Shimla at evening. Ileana came out with her phone in her hand. The bus left the terminal after a while. Ayan accessed the google map in his phone which displayed the route of Karimbigiri. It was around 110 kilometres away from the current location.

Only a few passengers were left inside the bus.

Ayan received a call from Mr. Somesh.

He answered, " Yes sir, the bus has just left Shimla. "

" Okay, I'll be there to pick you up. "

It was around eight at night when the bus passed over a board which had ' KARIMBIGIRI ' written upon it.
The bus stopped by the roadside. Ayan was the only passenger who stepped out of the bus.

As the bus left, a hatchback car arrived by him. Mr. Sumesh Agrawal was on the driving seat. He was in his late forties, had a bit bulgy belly and had full grown hair on his head.

He said, " Come in. "

Ayan sat on the passenger seat. Sumesh geared up the car and drove away.

He asked, " Everything good on the way? "

" Yeah. It was a good journey. "

" We are going to your room which has been arranged for your stay. Have the rest tomorrow and join the company on Tuesday. "

" The same date is mentioned in the letter. Tuesday. "

They arrived at a triple storey apartment which had a number of one or two RK flats inside where mostly students or bachelor employees used to stay.

They met Trilok Ranawat who was in his early fifties and was the owner of the apartment. He took them to second floor, unlocked a door of a 1RK room which had a small room, a kitchen, a washroom and a balcony. There was a double bed, a table and a mirror in the room.

Trilok said, " If you face any problem, tell it to Suresh first and if he doesn't act, call me directly. "

He nodded. Trilok handed over him the room key and left. He came to the bed, kept his bags on ground and went to the balcony. He was joined by Sumesh.

He said, " If you need anything to eat, the diary and shopping store is at the walking distance. "

Ayan asked, " Was there any girl named Ileana Arland in your office? "

Sumesh considered and thought about the name for a while.

" Yes. She was there for almost a couple of years. You know her? "

" I met her on the train. She was heading to Shimla. "

" Didn't she tell you why she left the company? "

" No. She said it was just something personal. "

Sumesh hummed.

He said, " All right. Have some rest now. "

Sumesh left the room.

Ayan talked to his mother on phone while arranging his stuffs which he had brought in the bag.

She asked, " How many residents are there in the apartment? "

" There are people. Looks like most of them are students. "

" What did he say about the rent? "

" 6k per month. He didn't take the advance. "

" And dinner? "

" Tonight, I am going out to have dinner outside. "

" Where? Has someone invited you? "

" No, I mean I'll buy something. And Mr. Trilok has given me a contact number of a tiffin service center. "

Ayan went outside to a grocery store. He put a couple of milk packet s, brown bread, butter, chocolates, biscuits, three tetra packs and a pack of eggs inside the basket. He paid for them on the counter in cash.

While he was on the way to the apartment, he got his eye on a gym ' GEN Z GYM ' by the road. He stopped there for a while and then left the site.

He had a pair of bread and butter in his room while accessing his laptop on bed. He drank juice from the tetra pack in the balcony. He threw the pack in the dustbin which was at the corner of the balcony.

He set the alarm in his phone before going to sleep.

Soniya (in her mid twenties) opened the gate and entered the verandah of a well built house which had a paying guest room attached to it. Two boys, Prateesh and Vipul were playing badminton in the lawn. Both of them were in their early twenties.

Soniya went to her PG room. Before she could unlock the door, she was interrupted by her landlord Mr. Yogesh Dhanwakar who was in his early fifties.

He asked, " Soniya? "

She turned around.

He asked, " You are late today? "

" Uncle, yes actually I had to go to the resort. "

" Oh, so did you meet Vinay? "

" No, actually I met the manager, Mr. Pulkit. "

" Pulkit. Okay, okay. I know him too. What did he say then? "

" He has told me to join them after the notice period. "

" You have already resigned, right? "

" Yes. I can join them only after the notice period. "

She went to her room. She washed her face in the basin of her washroom.