What The Heck?

"Hold still," he laughs. He grabs my arm and craves the last letter into my skin. "There, it's finished!" I pull back from him and look at the name "JEFF" carved in my name. It's disgusting just looking at it.

"Don't look like that," Jeff says in a somewhat sad tone, "you didn't seem to mind having his name scratched into your skin." He comes closer and grins. "Speaking of things like him, you should be more on guard girly. He grabs ahold of one of my brown curls, "There are more scary monsters out here like him and me."

~ ~ ~

It's been two weeks after Mona's death. Her parents have filed out a missing person's case and hired a private detective. Unfortunately, both haven't found her body yet. The detective and I talk and I told him that me and her were exploring the abandon side of town and I refuse to go in a building that she wanted to go in, so she gone in alone and never come out of it. After that, she never talk to me again.

Of course, it didn't stop there. I talk to the police, some of Mona's friends and her uncle who cares deeply about her. All I can do is avoid mentioning her death. It's not like I want to either, but I have to. Every time I want to run and tell someone, I would think he is watching me.

Mona's parents blame me for Mona going missing and they won't leave me alone unless I come clean to them. I wish they would stop or they might lose their lives too. And what can I do to warn them? Nothing, because warning them means telling them. I;m a terrible liar and the only way I can get pass without anyone noticing me is to repeat my story or say that I have no idea what happen when she gone in the building. It's not all a lie which helps me from not turning my head or showing that I am lying.

I really hate this. I really, really do.

"Why are you so sad?" Jack says in a cheerful tone. "Don't tell me you're still grieving for you friend."

After Jack "got" his target, he decide to continue going to my school. Starting this week, he decide to change his appearance. This time, he's a French and goes by the name Isaac,a handsome boy with long, blonde hair and wears glasses to hide his icy blue eyes. He have these tattoos on his arm written in Latin but he won't tell me what they mean. He's also wears the same outfit too, calling it a uniform of his own. Either way, girls actually find it attractive. I don't get why he doesn't use the name Jack, it's not no one would expect anything.

The two of us are in the garden picking vegetables for extra credit for Ecology. I want to do this by myself to ease my mind and to get away from people, but Jack decides to tag along. Not a lot of people were happy with that since he just started school as Isaac today.

"Of course I'm still - OW!" Something hits the back of my head. I turn to him and see him grinning. "What did you throw at me?" That did not feel like a veggie... I follow his eyes which peers down to the pond. "Did you throw a koi fish at me?" He starts to chuckle. I look down at the grass and find it near the tomatoes. I pick it up and place it back in the pond. "Jack, you can't throw the fish, you can get in serious trouble."

"And what makes you think they would believe you?"