A Young Night

"Stop moving!"

I dodge his next attack.

I look up and see his knife stuck in the couch.

"Dammit." He gets it out and looks over at me. He charges at me and I dodge him again. Instead of looking back at him, I hurry to my room, shut the door and lock it. I go inside my bathroom and lock the bathroom door. If he tries to come in here, I'll escape through the window. If I try to escape now, he could be outside waiting for me.

Oh my gosh, this is really scary. I can't believe the guy I saw on my computer screen is here in my house trying to kill me and I was stupid enough to let him in my house!

"Okay kitten, allow daddy inside," I hear him say through the other side. I can hear the tapping of his knife on the door. "Now be a good girl and let daddy in."

"Why should I?" I say weakly. "So you can enjoy putting that knife through me?" I back myself to the bathtub where the window is.

"Um, yeah? Did you think I wanted something else from you?"

"But why?"

"What?"

"Why do you want to kill me? I haven't done anything to you."

"Yeah, I know. You are just another innocent girl living a somewhat normal life. I like victims like that because it's fun to hear them scream and beg for mercy."

Sick.

"Well I'm not letting you in!" This gives me an opportunity to try to escape. I just have to wait until he tries to break the door down.

The door slowly opens and my heart sinks. I see him smiling at me while he taps the knife on the side of his head.

Oh man, I forgot that there is a way to unlock the door, but it's tricky but he is able to find out.

"You know kitten, when there is a way to escape, you should take it." He takes a step towards me. "Talk is really cheap, trying to sound tough is priceless. If you keep doing those things all the time, you will sound pretty pathetic." He lunges towards me, but again, I dodge his attack. I loop myself around him and run out of the bathroom. There I see my bedroom door completely broken. Oh my gosh, who am I dealing with?

A pair of arms wrap around me and I try to struggle out of them.

No use.

He uses one of his hands to pull on my hair and I groan.

"Hmm, I like this position," he chuckles. "Now scream for daddy."

I keep my mouth shut. If I'm going to die now, I will not give him what he wants.

"Fine, have it your way." He presses the knife on the nape of my neck. "Now go to slee -" Sirens cut him off. I stare at the windows where colors flash of blue and red. It's the police.

Thank god.

"Dammit, that son of a bitch must've called them here!" He lets go of me and takes a couple steps back. I turn to him and see him smile presently at me. "Consider this as a lesson if you allow strangers enter your home so easily. I won't try to kill you yet, but I won't promise that it won't happen again. Until next time, lets have more fun kitten!" He runs into the bathroom and I hear glass shatter. When I get up and go to the bathroom, all I see is the window's shattered glass on the ground.

He did it so fast too.

"Hello, is anyone there?" A low, husky voice fills the room. I turn and see a police officer standing by the doorway.

I burst into tears as soon as he walks over to me.

"Where is he?" The police officer ask, but not in a demanding matter. "Did he escape?" I nod. "Okay, come with me. We will make sure you are safe."