Sleepy

My head is filled with curiosity for what might happen on Friday. "Sweet Tooth" hasn't send me any mail either which makes me wonder more of who he really is. I guess I have to wait for the rest of these two days to find out.

"I'm okay," I tell my mother softly through the phone. Ever since I arrive home home from school today, mother has tried to contact me through the phone more that ten time. SHe must have something important to tell me.

"I'm sorry for calling you so much," she apologizes and lets out a few coughs, "but I wanted to make sure you were okay. I would have called sooner, but the hospital was filled with new patients and the doctors were to busy to help me to go to a phone."

"It's okay; I'm fine."

"Also, I need to call you t warn you about this crazy magician." Her voice is firm.

"Magician?"

"The murderer that killed all those innocent people on Halloween. I didn't catch all the details, but it sounds like a magician is the one behind it all. So please, be more aware of your surroundings and don't talk to strangers, okay?"

"Okay." Our conversation ended after her wishing me goodnight, then she hangs up. But it's still five...

I put the phone down on the counter and drift my mind onto my thoughts. It's weird how mother makes it sound like she knows what is going on or what was.

Sigh.

I shouldn't try to make mother seem suspicious because of a simple warning she told me. Though, when she said not to speak to strangers, I wonder if she meant the weird guy I bump into on Monday.

I stand up and walk into the living room, I sit on the comfy, soft couch. My body is getting cold which means I'm a bit tired. Both eyelids slowly comes to a close as my mid is at ease. A small nap won't do any harm. I suppose...

Where am I?

My eyes open to a dark sky with only the moon decorating it. I narrow my eyes down to the center and in front of me is an entrance to a theme park. The ticket booths are dark, but there is something splattered on them. Like paint or maybe some type of goo. The big sign from above have large, cursive letters spelling out “Midnight Circus.” It scares me that the letters are covered in the same ooze that the booth windows are covered in... which is the color of blood?

I look down at myself and see that I am wearing a black and white, striped dress; black stockings, shoes and striped arm sleeves with the same colors as my doll – like dress are also on me. This feels a bit strange now.

I walk inside the inside the park and look around my surroundings. Everything is too dark to make out. The only thing I can see is a large tent that shines brightly. The tent is black and white with the same pattern as my dress. Figures stand in front of the tent too, and they look a lot like children? Okay, this is really creepy now.

I turn myself around so I can find the exit, but the tune “Pop Goes the Weasel” plays throughout the park. That's funny, I think I heard this song recently. I turn back around and jump in fear. The little figures are now in front if me, rocking their heads back and forth to the tune. They all look very much like children, but they are all mutilated. Some of their eyes are missing from their sockets, some of their skin is covered with different types of cuts and some have body parts missing. This is all too much for me!