Chapter 118 Double Standard

The work on Bai's mother's side is being completed in an orderly manner, and the same is true on Bai's father's side.

    Moving the animals to a place close to the army's life requires more time and energy to raise them than vegetables, and the base cannot be given to residents or killed directly like vegetables.

    The base must keep a batch of animals, so that the base will not hatch and reproduce again after the disaster passes. If the luck is not good, the animals cannot be hatched, and they cannot be caught outside. After that, Nanshan may have meat for a long time. I can't even eat, and my days will return to the way they were.

    It's scary to think about, it must be prevented, and it must not be allowed to happen.

    When the strong wind came, most of the original farmers, except those affiliated to the base, most of the other employed residents gathered in the square or at home, and it was unrealistic for them to come to the base to check in every day as before.

    It's not that the base can't keep these people. The base doesn't have so many places to accommodate these people, so they can't be allowed to live directly with poultry in breeding places.

    If you can’t think of a farm, then you need to transfer the animals in the farm. It’s no problem to transfer them, but there is no way to solve the problem of workers’ accommodation.

    At present, most of the bases are public facilities, and there are not many dormitories for people to live in, and some were destroyed in the disaster. As long as the base is not on duty, most of them will choose to live in the family building that the base distributed to everyone, or else they will temporarily build a shed and assemble camp beds.

    The people in the base are still like this, so where do these farmers come from?

    There is no other way, except for the logistics personnel who originally belonged to the base, the residents should take a holiday, stay at home until the disaster passes, and then go back to work when the disaster passes.

    Best of both worlds.

    When all the poultry in the farm has been moved, the workers will have a holiday.

    The base raised a batch by itself, and also sent some to the square, such as chickens, ducks, geese, etc., and the slightly larger pigs and sheep were all kept at the base.

    Chickens and ducks are left for residents to lay eggs to improve their meals.

    As for meat, there is no shortage of meat in Nanshan now. Even the poorest residents have saved a lot of meat after last year's renovation. Now the residents really don't lack meat at all.

    So the base doesn't have to worry, all the chickens and ducks sent to it will be killed the next day.

    To say that it is lacking, it may be that there is a lack of staple foods, such as rice and noodles.

    Last year, the residents also planted seeds, but the harvest was not good, and it was only more than 1,000 catties. Not to mention eating, they could not even divide it among everyone.

    Nowadays, most of everyone's staple food is still sweet potatoes and potatoes, some are eaten directly, and some are subjected to secondary processing. Such as, sweet potato flour, potato flour, dried sweet potato, sweet potato chips, potato chips, etc.

    To sum up, what Nanshan lacks now is not meat, but staple food.

    But there is no way to solve it at present. Planting rice and wheat does not want to be as resistant as sweet potatoes and potatoes. A little environmental change will cause those rice and wheat to die, which can be said to be very fragile.