Chapter 4 - Manic Mondays and Frantic Fridays

Monday morning was going to be a manic one, especially being the first day back at school. In the past week she had to train a new partner, deal with Mr. Wrong, and get a classroom ready for a group of fifth graders. Alicea was already exhausted and the school year hadn't even truly begun. The weekend had zipped by as quickly as it had arrived.
Alicea woke early and began getting ready for work leaving Marcello sleeping soundly in their bed. She carefully chose her outfit; a silk lilac blouse and black rayon pant suit with a pair of Burberry black sling back heels. She quickly blew out her hair then carefully pulled it up into a French twist pinning it in place with a butterfly comb. Quietly she strode toward the jewelry box on the dresser; choosing a simple pearl set and cautiously setting each earring in place before reaching for the string of pearls. Before Alicea could clutch the necklace, Marcello had already managed to sneak up behind her. Handling the delicate string, he clasped them in place, as he gently planted kisses along the backside of her neck. Alicea closed her eyes relishing in the brief moment.

Marcello reached forward, removing one of Alicea's watches from the jewelry box.
"I think you should wear this one", he suggested sweetly.

Alicea opened her eyes to see that he was holding the rose gold Movado watch he'd gifted her on the day their daughter was born.
"I adore this watch", Alicea said as she carefully reached for it and held it in her hand remembering that day as clearly as if it were yesterday.

"I know", Marcello acknowledged.
"It was a memorable day for me as well". He hugged her tightly around her waist placing another kiss on her cheek.

Alicea fastened the watch onto her left wrist and turned to face Marcello indulging in a sweet kiss. "I have to finish getting ready, you know how difficult Genesis can be in the morning", Alicea smiled.

"Yes, I am well aware of our four year-olds temper, especially in the morning. She is definitely not a morning person", Marcello smirked.
"Would you like me to wake Marco?" Marcello asked.

"That would be great. I don't want him to be late for his first day of middle school. Seriously, how did I get so lucky?", She smiled at her husband planting another quick kiss on his plump lips before turning to walk toward their daughter's room.

"I believe it was me who got lucky", Marcello slapped her rear end making Alicea jump. Then winked at his wife as his eyes followed her out of their bedroom.

Alicea turned to blow Marcello a kiss and instead found him pensive on his cell phone. She shrugged not putting much thought into his behavior and continued down the hall to tackle the task ahead.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Mommy!" came the joyful voice of her four year old. Alicea made her way down the hall where Genesis jumped into her arms nearly knocking her down.
"Well, I'm guessing someone slept well', Alicea laughed.
"So my angel, what would you like for breakfast today?"

"Pancakes!", Genesis screeched with glee.

"Aha, I should have guessed since pancakes are your favorite", she mused.
"Well then, we need to brush our teeth and get dressed before pancakes. Don't you think?", Alicea smiled sweetly at her little girl ushering her off toward her bathroom to get ready.

"Yes, mommy" Genesis agreed, "and then what?"

"Well, then we all get ready for school and work", She explained.

"Again?", Genesis whined.

"Yes. We all go to work and school everyday. Remember? Monday, Tuesday . . . .", Alicea ran through the days recounting, as usual, their daily routine and schedule. Since returning from a long vacation, it had been difficult for Genesis to return to her routine. Thirty minutes and several questions later, Genesis was finally dressed in an outfit she'd chosen on her own and ready for breakfast.