Chapter 11 ~ A Night To Remember and New Days to Come

Alicea awoke to her husbands' arms securely wrapped around her like ivy, in the king sized bed. After their long and detailed discussion, they found comfort in each other's arms; making love until nearly dawn. Unraveling herself from his embrace, she sat up slowly and stared at her husbands' handsome face. "What did I do to deserve this man?", she pondered silently. "And yet, my grandmother knew before I did", she smiled at the thought and sighed.  Carefully she caressed his face running her fingers down his cheek and over the stubble on his chin, in adoration.

Retreating quietly into the bathroom to wash up, Alicea slipped into a bathrobe and slide into the eat-in kitchen to start the coffee. It was nearly nine A.M., she noticed, as she set the coffee maker. She found the room service menu, expertly ordering breakfast for the three of them. At least she assumed there were three of them in the spacious suite. She didn't recall hearing Leo come in last night. Although in her defence, anyone could have entered the suite and she wouldn't have noticed with all the noises made in her room.

As she hung up the receiver, Alicea took note of a trail of clothing leading from the other bedroom toward the suite door. At least this verified that Leo had returned, Alicea smiled. A smile which quickly faded as she became all to aware that some of the items were female in nature.

"What the hell?", she gasped as she pucked up a woman's thong.

"Ummm, I can explain", came a wshiper from behind her.

The voice startled her nearly out of her skin as she turned to find Jen standing there wrapped in nothing but a towel.

"What were you thinking?", Alicea's eyes grew to the size of saucers as she began to scold her friend.
"Do you want to go through this again?!", she continued unmercifully, not allowing Jen to get a word in edgewise.
"I will not bare witness to this all over again! Nor will I pick up the pieces when he's gone, Again!", Alicea put her foot down and crossed her arms over her chest giving Jennifer the sternest of glares.

Jen just smiled and held out her left hand.
Thinking she was crazy, Alicea took hold of it.
"Oh . . my . . Goodness!"
"No way!!!", Alicea stifled a scream as realization finally struck her.
"Are you serious??"
"My brother-in-law? settling down?!"
"This has got to be a dream!", she said in disbelief.
"Pinch me!"
Jen obliged.
"Ooouch!", Alicea cried as she slapped her hand away.
Jen just continued to smile and nod, still speechless herself.
They began to scream with joy, quickly covering their mouths and giggling softly ultimately remembering the guys were still asleep.

"Okay, so when you're finally descent", she motioned toward her friends' outfit.
"You will fill me in on all the sorted details, right?"

"Of course I will", Jen winked. "When have I ever kept anything from you?"

"Okay, because we have to discuss last night.  I have a lot to tell you", Alicea stated as she helped Jen pick up the scattered clothing.   She quickly sprinted back to the bedroom smiling from ear to ear. She slunk into the room as quietly as possible as to not to wake Marcello.

"If you're trying to sneak in, I'm afraid you aren't being successful", Marcello smirked eyeing his wife.
His goofy grin making her smile even more than she had been two minutes ago. Marcello held out his hand, inviting her to join him in bed once more.  Alicea disrobed and climbed back into the bed.
"What are you doing up so early?", he yawned and stretched. "And in such a good mood? I must have done an excellent job last night", he flatered himself.

Alicea nudged his shoulder and climbed back into bed.
"Not to toot your own horn, right?", she teased.
"Well, I do deserve some praise. Don't I?", he continued to joke snuggling closer into her.