Chapter 10 - Elisa

I took two days off work so I could help Sia when she was discharged from the hospital. I didn't want her to be alone. Even though she was able to work she still had a broken arm and a concussion. I had been avoiding Hunter for as long as I could. Even while Sia was in the hospital, I didn't know what to say to him. I wanted to go to him. I needed his comfort, his strength, and protection but I couldn't do that to my family. Even if there was a small chance of Samara losing interest. I had to try it. Sia had just been attacked because I didn't listen to Samara's words. She had told me that if I continued to be with him, she hurt me. I didn't think she meant this. Now my cousin was injured, and it was all because of my love life.

"Are you alright?" I asked getting up from the couch and rushing to her. She nodded and stepped away from me.

"Totally fine, just a little dizzy," Sia said walking into the kitchen. I had turned into Grace, rushing to Sia every time she looked a little sick. Getting things for her, making sure she was ok, being a helicopter parents and even checking on her if she was in the bathroom too long.

"Do you want me to make you something?" I asked following her.

"Go away," she replied narrowing her eyes at me.

"I'm just..."

"Being annoying, I only have a broken arm..." She interrupted me.

"And a concussion, which is why..." I interrupted.

"You are turning into Grace; we already have a Grace. Shouldn't you be with Hunter? Grace said that the doctor told you it was a bad idea that you are here?" Sia said. She had turned on the kettle as the noise filled the room. I hadn't told anyone, but I was never going back to Hunter, no matter what the doctor said. Hunter was the reason why Samara was after me, she was the reason that Sia had been attacked. Grace had taken the fall for my actions with our mother, she had sacrificed everything for my childhood. I wasn't going to let Sia take the beatings for me. I knew that I had to break it off with Hunter, but I had no idea how to do it. Even when it was over, I didn't know how was I going to make sure that Samara knew. I didn't know where she lived.

"I am not going back to Hunter. I am doing what Samara said I should," I told her.

"But he protects you," Sia said.

"What about you, who is going to protect you?" I asked.

"Leaving Hunter isn't going to suddenly give me a mate or protect me. If only hurts you," Sia argued. I shook my head, "don't do that, it's a stupid idea"
"No, it isn't. If I reject him then Samara will have no reason to come after me," I said.

"But you said the doctor..." Sia started.

"I know what she said," I yelled, " but she also said there is a chance that it might work. I have to take that chance," I interrupted. Sia just shook her head as she poured herself a cup of tea. I knew this was the kind of reaction I would get from people. But I had my reason, and I had some science to back me up.

"Do you think we have any chance of defending ourselves against Samara?" Sia said.

"We won't have to, if she comes, I will tell her" I snapped.

"You really think she is going to be like, oh great, she listened to me. I'm just going to back off?" Sia asked putting on a stupid voice for the last bit. I gave her a blank stare, "Have you told Hunter?"

"Not yet," I said.

"Why?" she asked leaning on the couch with a raised eyebrow.

"I have no idea how to reject a shifter," I said.
"Well, if you want to do it, go and do it. I don't need a babysitter," Sia snapped not agreeing with me. I didn't have much of a choice when she threw my keys at me. Hunter had been around a couple of times since Sia had been home. Asking if we had everything, and checking out the fence that went around the house. He even stayed over the first time, but not in the house. I told him he did need to stay but he stayed in his car all night. It made me feel bad he was sleeping in the car, but I also didn't want him in the house.