↳ chapter eighteen

↳ loving you is a losing game

"don't mix these together" wanda took the brush out of evi's hand, while evi looked at her sister with big eyes

"if you do, it will become grey. grey isn't pretty" the girl smiled

"grey is my favorite colour" pietro exclaimed from across the room, while he was doing a handstand against the wall "don't you like grey too, evi? it's your big brothers favorite color in the whole world"

"grey" evi repeated

"it's not a pretty color, look" wanda took the brush and mixed the colors onto the leftover paper. "see"

"grey" evi exclaimed pointing at it.

"good, evina" said her mother, while she walked into the little kitchen. "do you like learning english words?"

evi nodded her head, seemingly understanding what her mother was saying. she could understand most of what they said in english, she just couldn't speak it very well. she was only six

"pietro is ruining our play" said wanda

"no i'm not" pietro replied offended "i'm just telling my favorite sister what's good and she listens because she loves me, in contrast to you"

"oh just shut up" wanda rolled her eyes "mama? can't you tell him to shut up already?"

"wanda! we don't talk like this"

"i'm sorry mama"

"mama" evi called running towards her mother

"come here, baby"

"are you happy now?" wanda said towards pietro who was standing on his feet again

he just smiled at his sister. "what's your favorite color, evi?"

"grey" called the little girl as she ran towards her siblings and was lifted up onto her brothers hip

"it's not!" wanda shrieked

they all had to laugh at her sudden outburst. even wanda

"evi" the grown up version of wanda maximoff said, when she spotted her sister. she walked forward and took her face into her hands

"how long?" asked evi through tears

"three years" wanda smiled sadly "i was gone for some time, so it wasn't that long for me. how long for you?"

"five years" evi cried

"how is that possible? you look exactly the same"

"i'll explain later, just, just-" she broke down into her sisters arms, before she could finish her sentence.

it was the first time she could actually be with her. smell her hair and hug her closely. she had spent these past years hoping to finally have some time with her, to get some rest.

of course she had only been here for a year again, but she had spent the past four years in the mirror dimension in full consciousness, even if she hadn't aged since then.

they all walked forward together, evi setting off into the air next to her sister, fighting of monster looking ships that were flying towards them

"i'm glad to have you back"

"me too, i missed you so much"

when they were finished off, evi turned to look at wanda. "we have to find steve. we need to help him"

"okay" wanda smiled, following her sister

they landed onto the ground next to steve while all the monsters disappeared.

"what happened?" asked evi, but steve just shrugged and then turned to look at thanos, who was now disappearing as well.

"where is tony?" evi asked "someone must've snapped. it- it was tony wasn't it?" she looked around frantically, until she spotted peter and a few others.

she took off running in his direction. when she stopped beside peter, wanda and steve hot on her trail, she could only look at the body of a dying tony stark

"oh no" she muttered

"we're gonna be okay" pepper said "you can rest now"

it was so quiet. evi stood next to peter, holding his hand, her other hand in wanda's, steve standing behind her, while tears were rolling down her cheeks.

"i-i forgave him" she turned to look at wanda "some time ago, i told him that i don't hate him anymore"

"that's good" said wanda comfortingly, while hugging her little sister.

she might've not been a fan of tony stark, but they had atleast become acquaintances in the past, and when she saw the grief in her sisters face, she knew that she had to let it go, whatever negative emotion she was still holding against him. he did not deserve that, not after what he had just done for all of them.

evi out here losing everyone she loves ✌️

*