4 (Y/n)

(art by @saitou72049078 on twitter)

I checked everything one more time before I decided to leave my room. Luckily, at this time of the night, there was barely anyone watching or patrolling the corridors. This meant that nobody would talk to me nor look at me the way they always did; something I was always grateful for. 

I held my still bandaged wrist at the thought while a shudder traveled down my spine, and I wasn't able to repress a grimace when I felt that feeling over my skin again. I was disgusted, even after my 3rd shower, even if I was sadly already used to the feeling. I sighed when I finally reached the door, and after unconsciously checking the corridor one last time, I slowly and silently walked into a specific room. 

Kakashi seemed to be sleeping, hanging from the chains like he had been almost since the day he arrived. I approached him and placed my hands on his body, healing a few wounds that Sentako's men must have inflicted while I was out. 

The sensation and touch of my hands against his bare sides must have woken him up since his eyes started to flutter open. Although with his silver hair falling onto his face I couldn't really tell. But I realized he was actually still asleep when I placed my hands on his cheeks once I was finished healing him.

He only seemed to finally wake up when I took his hair out of his face, caressing his pale skin in the process. But he didn't say anything, his dark eyes just stared at me. Whether it was because he was still sleepy or because he was waiting for me to do or say something, I don't know. But I didn't say anything either. 

Now that he was awake, I retreated from him and approached the other side of the chains, pulling from them. This made the chains move, which made his body straighten up instead of continuing in that kneeling position he had been almost since the day he arrived. 

"Can you stand?" I asked, walking back to where he was and standing in front of him. again He looked down at me, and now that he wasn't kneeling I realized how much bigger he was in comparison to me —even with his arms tied his figure seemed to shadow and engulf me completely. It took him a while to answer, instead, he just stared at me with a frown. 

"Enough," he answered shortly. 

I looked up for a while, at his cuffs, until I unsheathed a tanto that hung on my back, cutting his ties in a swift movement. But now, without any chains to help him support his weight, his knees gave in. Luckily, I was quick to catch him despite how heavy he was. 

"Can you stand or not?" I asked him with a frown. He gripped my shoulder and suddenly pushed me against the wall, using his whole weight to restrain me "I believe this is yours," I said, ignoring his strong arm against my throat while I pushed the tanto and its sheath to his chest. He looked at it for a second before his intimidating eyes fell on mine again.

"I could kill you right now," he threatened with his hot breath hitting my face. But I did nothing, not even flinch. I just brought my hands to his arm which continued to push harshly against my already bruised throat. 

"Do it," I taunted him, my eyes not leaving his for a second despite being so close to each other. If he wanted to kill me, he would have done it already. But for some reason, he hadn't done it yet "Do it, and you won't even make it out of the compound" I added, now with a small cocky smile that I was unable to repress. 

"Why should I trust you?" he said, still with obvious rancor. 

"Trust me or not, I don't care, but we don't have much time before someone realizes we're both gone," I said, now serious since I literally did not have the time for this "Besides, you're hurt and you don't even know where you are," I added in case he still wasn't convinced.