6 (Y/n)

(art from @chun18r on twitter)

Here's a map to understand a little bit better. The land of Chasms and the land of Mountains are the same I believe. (and if not, they're the same in here)

 (and if not, they're the same in here)

The flames danced around its skin, burning it and making it crispy. It was entrancing, especially with the sound of the cracking fire that seemed to make the flames roar louder. My eyes were only taken off the glowing flares when I noticed Kakashi was waking up by the other side of the fire.

"Good morning, sleeping beauty," I said to him when he sat up with a blank tone and face, still sitting with my face leaning against my hand like I had been doing all morning while I cooked the fish. He rubbed his eyes in an actually cute way while he looked around the cave. And then, his stomach growled loudly.

I bit my lip, trying not to laugh, but it just was impossible. Especially when he blushed after I laughed at him. He looked down, and I stood up, approaching him with the stick of trouts I had been cooking for him. And as soon as I gave it to him, he started devouring it.

I sat down next to him, and while I let him eat the fish I had gotten earlier that morning, I started lifting his shirt to continue healing his wounds. But he stopped eating and instead prevented me from doing my job by holding my wrist. I looked at him arching a brow, and he blinked twice.

"You're still wounded," I explained "It'll take me at least another week to patch you somewhat decently," His eyes looked away but he didn't let go of my hand.

"Your wrist is also still hurt," he said, but I didn't say anything for a while. I just couldn't do anything else but look at him with an even more curved brow while my lips slowly transformed into a subtle smirk. Until I just couldn't hold it anymore and broke into a fit of laughter.

"Damn, I didn't know you were such a softie," I teased him, looking at his dark and somber eyes. His pale cheeks flushed pink again and I just giggled again, getting rid of his hold and finally lifting his shirt up to continue healing him.

He didn't protest anymore and continued eating the fish while I tried to patch some of the wounds that were still open and not healed. And once I was done, I started packing and putting out the fire, silently urging him to finish already and do the same.

"I'm not a softie," he mumbled once we continued our trip out of the land of Chasms. I looked at him side-ways, my previous grin appearing briefly before looking at the front again.

"Sure thing, big boy," I teased again, making him roll his eyes while he flushed red again. Although I think this time it was more due to annoyance than anything else.

And again, we fell into silence until we reached the border. But it was so filled with soldiers and ninjas that it looked more like a parade. We quickly hid away from the path, masking ourselves behind the thickness of the forest and flora. I bit my lip, looking around and seeing just how impossible it'd be to continue that way.