Proposal recap

Sivaangi was wide awake in bed past 1am. She kept looking at the ring on her finger and couldn't help smiling. She was amazed at what a charmer Ashwin was. She kept thinking of the way he had proposed to her. He had texted her asking her to come over to Sony office to meet Vriddhi. Sivaangi loved Vriddhi's reel and happily went by. She wasn't even dressed up or anything. She just grabbed something from the cupboard, did not wear make up and asked Selvam Anna to take her over. Ashwin met her at the door and signaled Selvam to leave. Selvam Anna knew the routine by now. Ashwin will drop her back later. While Sivaangi was waiting for Ashwin and Vriddhi, she managed to do a reel with a dancer who happened to be there as well.

After chatting with Vriddhi a little, Sivaangi was about to message Selvam Anna when Ashwin stopped her. "Maa naan Unna drop pannaren. Adhukku munnadi let's grab a bite?" Sivaangi looked at Ashwin in disbelief. She said, "Veladareengala? Enna paarunga naan dinner ku pora maadiriya dress paneerken? Neenga vera ippo thaan cold lerndhu recover ayirukkeenga. We cannot go anywhere like this." Ashwin looked into her eyes and said, "Unakennama, nee eppovume azhagu thaan. You know why? You smile from your heart but we can always do a drive in. What do you say?" Sivaangi blushed and said, "Shooo romba cheesy yaa pogudhe." but she agreed to his plan. Ashwin couldn't help but smile at what she said.  Just then Karthik (Karya) walked in and Sivaangi was excited to see her brother. They all chit chatted for a bit and before they knew, it was dark outside.

Ashwin and Sivaangi finally left and by which time our foodie girl was starving. Ashwin started the car and asked her, "Unakku enna saapadnum pola irukku" and pat came the answer, "Chinese". Ashwin couldn't help falling in love with this adorable young woman. He drove towards Kilpauk to their favorite drive-in Chilly Tales Eatalanio. Sivu always loved the Manchurian there and Ashwin ordered his dragon chicken. Sivaangi was relishing the food while Ashwin was watching her with utmost adoration. Once they finished eating Ashwin said, "ippo stomach full aa irukka? Enkooda oru long drive variya?" Sivaangi loved long drives especially at night but she had no idea what Ashwin had planned so she clapped in excitement and said, "Yesss... naa eppovume long drive ku ready. Polaam polaam. Appa ku oru message anupidaren" and she quickly let her Dad know where she was. Sivaangi always shared everything with her parents especially her whereabouts. They were always okay with her spending time with Ashwin even if it was later. They had a great deal of trust and respect for Ashwin and of course they trusted their daughter completely.

Ashwin started driving towards ECR. He was playing some beautiful romantic songs from the 90's which Sivaangi enjoyed as well and both of them were singing along. Ashwin was a terrible singer but Sivaangi always encouraged him to sing. She believed that people should do whatever they want to as long as it doesn't hurt anyone. Ashwin was a true music lover and he seems to be thoroughly enjoying singing. They were just blissfully enjoying each other's company so much so that Sivaangi did not realize that they were going past Mahabalipuram.

Finally Ashwin stopped the car. It was dark and isolated but Sivaangi could hear the familiar sound of the waves. She stepped out happily. Beach was her favourite place. Whenever she felt low, the beach always cheered her up. She seemed to have a strange connection with the beach. It was also a full moon day so the waves seemed like they were jumping happily at the arrival of the moon. Suddenly Sivaangi felt Ashwin's hand on hers gently holding and walking her to a small gazebo. She had never noticed this place before. She held on to his hands and went along. Once they reach there, Ashwin held both her hands. She looked up at him puzzled but all she saw was love in his eyes. He looked at her with a smile and said, "Sivaangi maa, the day I set my eyes on you for the very first time, I knew you were special. You were so unlike other women I had met. You are pure and simple and sweet and genuine, yet you are not afraid to speak your mind. You have showered so much love on me without expecting anything in return. When people judged me constantly, you accepted me for who I was, in spite of all my flaws. You are magical. I knew we had something special but I realized that you are my soulmate when you stood by me at a time when the entire world hated me. So many people left my side but you stayed. In fact, I would have totally understood if you had gone too but you stood like a pillar. Even though people were spewing venom at you for no fault of yours, you held on to me. You made me believe in true love. Sivu maa, you make me a better version of myself. I cannot even imagine my life without you", he then went down on his knee and opened the tiny gift box in his hand and said, "Sivaangi Krishnakumar, my dear Kutti maa, will you marry me and spend the rest of your life with me?" Sivaangi gasped in disbelief. Tears were already flowing down her cheeks listening to his words. She gleefully said, "Yes yes. I will marry you" and caught his shoulder asking him to get up. He slid the ring in her tiny finger and hugged her. He looked deep into her eyes and she understood what he was asking for so she said, "Indha 22 years la yaarum enna kiss panninadhu illai. I don't know how that feels. Can I get my first kiss?" Ashwin cupped her face eagerly and gently placed his lips on hers. Both of then closed their eyes to just be in the moment.

The moon and the waves were a witness to this beautiful proposal and the most romantic first kiss. Both of them wanted this to last forever but finally Ashwin let go of her lips for just a moment to say, "I love you chellamma, more than anything in this world and cannot wait to begin our life together. I promise I will never give you the chance to regret this decision ever." Sivaangi smiled and grabbed his face for another beautiful kiss.

Thanks for the support guys. Please continue to vote and comment. 💜