Crème brûlée

Sivaangi stood in his balcony with both hands on her hips. She sighed and glared at him. "Ashwin Kumar" she yelled, "Please vaanga. Neenga enakku kathukudukaren nu promise paninadhu naala thaane naan vandhen." He smiled and looked at her lovingly and continued to hum to "black and white kannu Unna paatha color aa maarudhe" and stretched his arm while sitting on the lover's swing. She stretched her arms to pull him up from there. Instead, he pulled her towards him, wrapped his other arm around her waist and sat her on his lap. Before she realized what he was up to, he slowly pushed her hair from her nape and started peppering kisses. Although that was her weakness and she was lost in the moment, she revived herself and whined, "Idhukku thaan naan unga kitta edhuvume kathuka varadhillai. Ippidi ellam panni enna distract panidareenga."

Just then her phone buzzed. Ashwin said, "Yaaru da adhu neram kaalam puriyama." Just then Sivu jumped off his lap saying, "Ayyo Amma call pannaraanga" and she answered the phone, "Amma samachukittu irukken. Naan aparama call pannaren ok?" Then she looked at Ashwin who was looking at her yearningly. She nodded and said, "Neenga good boy ya enakku kathukudunga Appo thaan naan kelambardhukku munnadi ungalukku special aa onnu tharuven" and she raised her eyebrows. Ashwin's eyes lit up and he quickly jumped out of the swing, "ok ok super. Maa romba naal Achu maa so please paathu pannu." She smiled and they walked hand in hand into the kitchen.

She had brought all the necessary ingredients for creme brûlée. She grabbed her apron and he slowly started giving her instructions. She started with boiling the milk and then whisking the egg yolks. She was a dedicated student and he was a sincere teacher. He was very precise with the measurements and procedure. He reminded her of how to measure and make an extract with rose petals as well. While doing so, the romantic boy held a beautiful rose and said, "This is for my gorgeous wife. Will you be my Valentine." She gave his a stare but could resist how adorable he was, so trying to hide her smile, she said, "I am not your wife yet but if you help me here I promise to be your valentine." He beamed and continued with his instructions. Finally it was time to caramelize and she did it with finesse.

She instructed him to go and sit at the sofa while she grabbed a spoon, asked him to close his eyes and fed a spoon of her dessert. He relished it with a "mmmmm..." then slowly opened his eyes and said, "top notch chef Sivaangi." She jumped in glee and said, "Thanks Guruve." He immediately smirked and said, "ennoda guru dakshinai enge?" She looked straight into his eyes while removing her apron. She sat next to him, cupped his face. She first kissed him on his forhead and then both the cheeks. Then she slowly brushed her lips against his and, with her tongue, licked the tiny bit of the creme brûlée stuck to the corner of his lips. He held her by her waist for more but she said, "Ippo naan veetukku ponom. Naalikki shoot irukku but remember I promised to be your valentine. You will have a smoky hot and irresistible date for sure so be prepared lover boy."

Brinda Subramanian

A short one. Hope you all enjoy this.