53 # A Broken Lesson

> A Broken Lesson

> A Broken Lesson

When Minjun imagined getting into a relationship with the person she likes, she imagined going on dates until sunset, watching stars and staring at the moon, having ice cream on a windy laughing at silly jokes

When Minjun imagined getting into a relationship with the person she likes, she imagined going on dates until sunset, watching stars and staring at the moon, having ice cream on a windy laughing at silly jokes. Sweet texts and constant banter that turns into laughter, a best friend that she could always count on but loved more than a best friend.

When she met Jeno, she knew their relationship wouldn't be like that. But that didn't make her like Jeno any less. Jeno had his own charms that Minjun easily fell for. His caring heart, his cute jokes, the way he managed to make her heart flutter with almost every word. They went on coffee dates, talking about their day and their recent interests. They go to bookstores, looking through the books Minjun finds interesting while Jeno listens to her talk about the stories that she read recently.

To Minjun, it was perfect. Everything was perfect. Even when she wakes up tired after long hours of talking at night, the good morning texts she sees before going to class are all worth it. Minjun wouldn't want anything more.

But it was complicated.

Jeno was doubtful but Minjun trusted him. She knew he could be better, knew he could learn so she trusted him. She trusted him even though he didn't trust her.

There was more to Jeno being doubtful than just keeping their relationship a secret from their friends. Minjun understood that Jeno was learning what it was like to have friends who were there for him, and she understood if he needed time. But as the days go by it was harder to see past her made-up excuses.

Renjun told her, but she didn't need him to. She knew, from the very beginning, something didn't feel right. It was in the way Jeno would never let anyone know they were anything more than friends. It was in the way Jeno constantly asked her if she would keep her promise of never leaving him. It was in the way Jeno never gave an answer sure enough that he trusted Minjun.

She ignored it because she trusted Jeno would have enough reassurance that Minjun liked him enough to stay. But a sour feeling lingered, thoughts questioning whether things were going to change, whether Jeno would trust her too and every day it only grew stronger.