0.04 # To Be Better

> To Be Better

> To Be Better

The first 10 seconds of this meeting is the most awkward thing Jeno has ever experienced

He arranged it and yet he still feels like he shouldn't have. (He would've done it anyway because Shotaro strongly encouraged him to.)

So here is, sitting in a cafe he doesn't know the name of, watching Yangyang stir his latte and exclaiming about how delicious it looks. Jeno doesn't really drink coffee and he smiles at his iced tea.

Yangyang doesn't seem that awkward. Good for him, Jeno thinks. Jeno can already think of 10 things he'd rather be doing than... this. But it's important, he knows that.

Jeno knew there would be consequences to dating someone in their friendship circle, but when Jeno started falling for Minjun, most rationality flew out the window and Jeno was so sure nothing bad would happen and he wouldn't have to face any consequences.

Now here he is, a few days after Minjun cut off the relationship, facing one of the biggest consequences of them all. Jeno's feelings and heartbreak are consequences but the one in front of him seems so much more fragile and important.

"Minjun would hate this place."

Jeno looks up at Yangyang, eyebrows furrowed at his words. "Hm?"

Yangyang smiles a little, shy almost as he stirs his coffee again. "The lights are too bright and they only sell strawberry cake."

It makes Jeno look at the menu at the counter and the lights above him. Right. Minjun is sensitive to light and hates strawberry-flavoured things. These are things that other people know too, not just him.

"Yeah, she would." And it feels weird to talk about Minjun with Yangyang because he knows where he stands in their relationship. He knows how Yanygang feels about Minjun and he knows what he's done by dating Minjun and keeping it a secret.

Yangyang smiles at him again, like he isn't the cause of Yangyang's heartbreak. He remembers the day they told everyone they dated. He remembers Yangyang going offline and becoming MIA for a day or two. He can't imagine that it must be easy to face him.