68 # Trust, It Makes Things Easier

> Trust, It Makes Things Easier

When Minjun thought about dates, she usually thought of picnics and museums and candlelight dinners

When Minjun thought about dates, she usually thought of picnics and museums and candlelight dinners. Or maybe amusement parks or coffee shops or even movies. But she guessed that dates could also mean having lunch at the same Chinese restaurant they always buy dumplings from every Tuesday and then walking to her apartment to watch a movie.

When the movie ended, Minjun and Yangyang didn't make any move to get out of Minjun's sofa, just fine seated next to each other with Yangyang's head in her lap as they started talking about other things.

"I'm just saying, it probably means she wants the two of you to go back together to see your family," Minjun says, playing with Yangyang's pink hair.

Yangyang groans. "Why won't Lily just tell me then? It's not like I don't talk to her and we share everything now. It's—we're like real siblings now. It's not like before," Yangyang mumbles, frowning a little and Minjun grins.

"You're so cute." Minjun watches as Yangyang's cheeks go pink. "Lily's probably just nervous asking you to go back with her over the break. You two are close now but have the two of you ever really talked about going back to Taiwan to see your moms again?" Yangyang shakes his head. "Yeah exactly. She probably keeps asking you indirect questions about it because she doesn't know if that's what you want and she's probably afraid you're going to say 'no' or fight her about it."

"I'm not gonna fight her about it," Yangyang protests.

Minjun smiles, pushing his hair covering his eyes back. "I know. But, the two of you only stopped fighting about everything recently. And instead of talking to her about it, you're here, talking to me about it."

Yangyang pouts and Minjun laughs. She pinches his cheeks and listens to him complain a little longer before she tells him to just tell her. It's cute when Yangyang comes to her about Lily. Mostly because there was a time when Yangyang would ignore everything about her. Now, everything's different for them and she's really happy for them. Yangyang deserves it as much as Lily does.

And she likes this. She likes days where they would just go anywhere they want and do anything they want. She likes spending time with Yangyang, and even though she won't easily admit it, she misses him a lot. They call every night but she still misses having him around. They've gotten busy lately and it's hard to meet him when it isn't lunch between their classes, so she cherishes moments like this the most.