0.02 # Slowly and Unexpectedly

> Slowly and Unexpectedly

His phone rings once before the call gets picked up and Donghyuck grins wide, lying in bed as he hears the shuffling of bedsheets on the other end

"Woah, you picked up the call so fast. Do you like me that much, Minjae?" Donghyuck giggles before Jaemin can even say anything. He hears a scoff and he laughs a little louder, not caring for the time.

"Don't get ahead of yourself. I was on my phone when you called."

Donghyuck still smiles, glad Jaemin can't see the silly grin on his face right now. "Just admit that you want to talk to me."

There's a soft rustle of sheets before Jaemin speaks again, this time a little softer. "I do want to talk to you. I wouldn't be picking up your calls at 12 a.m. otherwise."

It shouldn't make Donghyuck's heart soar, but it does. Jaemin rarely admits to something like that so hearing that makes Donghyuck's heart skip a couple of beats. Damn it. When did he get so soft?

"I knew you liked me. Be careful Minjae. A few more of these nightly calls and you'll be in love with me," Donghyuck teases. He knows the chances are low, he and Jaemin are just friends, teasing each other for the fun of it but he can't help it. He can't help the fluttering feeling of his heart every time he thinks about Jaemin.

There's another scoff on the other side. Even if Jaemin doesn't like him, Donghyuck enjoys teasing him. He likes that about him. He's easy to tease but hard to break down. A challenge that Donghyuck loves. Sometimes Jaemin pushes back, sometimes he doesn't do anything until it's too much. It's unpredictable. It's thrilling. Donghyuck loves it. More than he can admit.

"Why do you call me Minjae, it's not even my name."

"It's a nickname! Isn't it cute? I think it's cute," Donghyuck teases, enjoying the exasperated sighs from the other side of the call.

Jaemin mumbles out a quiet 'whatever', ignoring Donghyuck's little giggles. He kind of wishes they were on video call instead, wanting to see Jaemin's face but he's not sure how he'll be able to hide the growing grin on his lips as they talk.