Chapter 7

Riley and Miley weren't at school the next day.

McKenna claims they are on a luxury trip to the Bahamas, but we all know the real reason.

They're scared of me.

I'm not too surprised, though. They're scared of everyone.

Last fall, a British exchange student named Carson Glinwell asked out Miley, but Riley wanted him to ask her out, so they all got in a huge fight. Miley and Riley tried to bite him, and he ripped a chunk of Miley's hair out. Then she screamed and farted at the same time. It was all caught on video.

Someone posted it on Instagram, and pretty much everyone in the school saw it. Everyone laughed at them for months, and they were stuck hanging out with the band kids, because they were the only people in the school who didn't have any social media.

McKenna kept giving me the stink eye every time I walked by her. In 4th period, she passed me a note.

"You really hurt my friends. You should know by know that if you're gonna a bitch to them, I'm gonna a bitch to you. We've been craving Chick Fil A recently. When they come back tomorrow, I expect three chicken sandwiches with fries and sweet and sour sauce PRONTO. Or else imma ruin your stupid little worthless excuse of a life. Xoxo, McKenna <3"

Ugh. Now I had to buy McKenna stupid Chick Fil A. But I wasn't worried about it. I had a great idea.

Besides, I had something really exciting happening today: our first rehearsal!

I smiled to myself. Finally, I could get to hang out with Jake. My life was perfect.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Ok, students, it's time for the first rehearsal," Ms. Brumback said during rehearsal. "Let's get on stage and do warmups." My homeroom teacher, Ms. Sampson was also there. "That's right, people. Up on stage."

We all went on stage and did some stretches.

"Where's Jake?" I whispered to Roxy.

"I don't know. I barely talk to him."

"Aren't you in his homeroom?"

"Yeah, but like I said, I barely talk to him. I barely talk to anyone, actually. People annoy me."

Suddenly, my phone started ringing. It was Caitlyn.

"Miss Webster? Please silence your phone." Ms. Brumback said.

I ran over to my phone, embarrassed. I turned my ringer off and hopped back on stage.

Not even a minute later, it started vibrating.

"Harmony Webster! Phone off!"

I groaned. What did Caitlyn want now?

"Can I answer it real quick? It might be important."

Ms. Brumback sighed. "Fine. But be quick. And go in the hallway."

I grabbed my phone and called Caitlyn back.

"What the hell, Harmony?" She yelled.

"What's wrong?"

"You joined the play? Why didn't you tell me!!"

"I dunno, you didn't really seem interested."

"You are the worst friend ever. You are always so annoying. You always leave me out of everything! I thought you were better than this. I'm not your friend anymore. I wouldn't be surprised if you were dating Jake or something. You talk about him a lot."