Chapter 13

I sat with Nicole at lunch instead of Callie and Roxy for a change.

"I have no idea," she said.

I had asked her why Jake was ignoring me.

"He didn't tell you at all?"

"We don't really talk anymore. He's been kind of a jerk lately."

"Oh."

So it wasn't just me? Good. He still was treating little miss Delaney like an angel. Wonder why?

At gym class, I asked him why he liked Delaney so much.

"She's just a friend," he said with his arm wrapped around Delaney, like he used to do with me.

That night, I couldn't sleep. I wanted to text him, but I knew he wouldn't text back.

Why couldn't we go back to when he talked to me every morning, night, and afternoon?

I looked at my alarm clock. The time was 12:15 A.M. I had been laying in bed for over three hours, talking to myself, overthinking, and creating fake scenarios in my head featuring hot anime boys because that's all I had.

Suddenly, my phone buzzed. Omg. It was Jake! Maybe he was texting me to apologize and we could save our relationship! I quickly opened Snapchat.

"Hey, Harmony. I wanted to talk to you about something."

"Sure! What's up?"

"I feel like our relationship is dying."

"Me too! I was hoping you knew what to do about it."

I was so excited! He actually realized our relationship wasn't the same. Maybe we could fix it together!

"Actually, I do." He texted.

"Awesome! Do tell."

"But I don't want to hurt you."

What? What did he mean by that?"

"You won't hurt me, babe. Tell me how you're feeling. I'm sure I'll agree!"

"Well, ok. I think we should break up."

uhmm WHAT-? That's not quite what I had in mind.

"You WHAT?"

"Well, I feel like we've both grown out of this relationship. I'm not really into you anymore. I assume you probably feel the same."

I felt my eyes fill up with tears. Why? everything was fine before! Why did he feel this way.

"Why?"

"I just don't feel the same way about you that I used to. It's not your fault, it's mine. We can still be good friends, though."

My sadness suddenly turned into rage.

"Friends? FRIENDS? Shut up, you crusty musty wii sports npc looking forehead shit smeller Caca kid. I trusted you. I gave you everything! I loved you no matter how badly you treated me. Why would you do this to me?"

"Idk"

"No! Tell me!"

"I already told you, Harmony. I'm just not into you anymore."

What the actual hell? I threw my phone off my bed and cried myself to sleep.

What did I do to deserve this? I thought he loved me! He said he would love me forever! He said we'd get married and be Kardashians! Why did this have to happen?

Without him, I felt like nothing. Absolutely nothing.