Chapter 9

So that didn't go as planned.

Like, at all.

At lunch I gave McKenna her Stink Fil A, and she thought it smelled funny, so she gave it to Bruce Noggins, who ate it and immediately threw up all over the lunch lady, Ms. Wilworm.

He said McKenna poisoned it, but she pouted and said "oh, I'm so sorry Ms. Wilworm, it was an accident. You see, Harmony gave it to me, but I'm deathly allergic to chicken, so I gave it to Bruce to be the kind classmate I am, but I think Harmony was trying to poison me!"

Ms. Wilworm took me into the principals office where I completely denied trying to poison her with the Dreadful Deadness of the Corpse Cheese, but of course she believed McKenna instead of me.

McKenna is such an asshole. She gets her way for everything! I was suffering and my high school life was RUINED because of HER, and she didn't give a Kentucky Fried Crap!

I was two Mr. Beast videos away from shoving her slimy grimy head into the toilet and FLUSHING IT!

But I'm not going to do that. I have better things to do. Like ask out Jake on a date! I was totally going to do that at rehearsal today. I just needed to get through the two classes of living hell left of the day before after school activities started.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

School is OUT! I ran to my locker and pulled out my giant poster I made. It had a bunch of totally hot pics of me and written in bubble letters it said:

I LOVE YOU JAKE WILL YOU GO ON A DATE WITH ME? XOXO HARMONY <3

This was sure to turn him on like a 2006 Motorola flip phone.

I brought the poster to rehearsal and sat in our new kissing corner to wait. He told me we could kiss there every rehearsal.

It took him forever again, but he finally came!

"What took you so long, baby?"

"Sorry, I was down in the gym talking to Nicole."

"Oh, ok."

"Are you ready to get turned on bb girl?"

"Wait I wanted to show you something first."

I whipped out my beautiful heavenly turn-on poster and smiled.

"Will you go on a date with me?"

He smiled.

"Of course baby. But first let's kiss our troubles away."

He pulled me close and kissed me again. He hadn't kissed me since last week in the girls bathroom, and boy had I missed it.

We made out for like five minutes until I heard Ms. Brumback say, "ok students, break is over, let's get started rehearsing our lines!"

"We have to get out of here before she notices we're missing."

"Good idea."

He kissed me one more time on the nose and we exited the kissing corner.

He took my hand and we walked back to the auditorium so I could practice my lines, and he could work on making props for the play.

I sat next to Roxy and Callie.

"Lemme guess. You banged him in the janitors closet."

I looked shocked. "What? No! We just had a small makeout session that's it."

I rolled my eyes and started practicing my lines.

I'm a pretty fast learner, so memorizing these would be easy. I already memorized the first two scenes anyway, so I decided to go find Jake. I finally found him in the gym talking to Nicole.

"Hey, cutey pie. You remember Nicole right? She's my best friend."

"Hi, Harmony!" She said as she gave me a big hug.

"Hey, Nicole."

"Oh, sorry I always hug people when I meet them."

"No, it's totally fine! You seem cool!"

"You seem cool too! I knew you were cool when I heard your name waswas Harmony. That's such an awesome name!"

"Thanks! Nicole is, too!"

"Oh, no it's not. I was named after my old sickly grandma. She smokes and her house smells like rats and moth balls. And cow balls. She eats them religiously."

I laughed nervously.

"Forgive me, I have a tendency to overshare."

"It's fine, really. I think we're going to be really good friends."

"Me too!"

We hugged again. When I looked at Jake, he seemed sort of left out, so I hugged him and gave him a kiss.

"Y'all are so cute. I feel so single. Which I am." Nicole laughed.

"Deal with it. You're single for a reason." Jake said.

"I don't know how you pulled her, she's so pretty and you're such a SHART."
I'm
I just stood there like an NPC.

"Sorry, babes. That's kind of how our friendship works, me and Nicole just roasting each other." He laughed.

"Hey Harmony can I get your number?"

"Sure Nicole!"

I wrote down my number on the back of my English homework.

"Here ya go!"

"Isn't that your homework?"

"Yeah, but it's just English. I already speak English."

"We should hang out some time." Nicole said.

"We really should!"

As we all walked back to class, I couldn't help but smile. Just as I lost one of my childhood friends, an even better one walked right into my life. Maybe my life didn't suck after all.