[8] Sights I'll never forget*

The three excluding Shinobu had all gone in Rengoku's car after school to the mall like they planned.

Giyuu took the shotgun seat while Mitsuri sat behind the driver's seat at the back.

"I see you still own this thing." Giyuu commented as he looked around the interior of the car Rengoku drove.

"Yup, and I wouldn't change it out for the world, I built most of it with my own two hands and that makes it special!" Rengoku said glancing at the rear view mirror.

He had owned this car for three years and drove it for the last two, the first year he had it was just him and Giyuu actually fixing and refurbishing the thing into working order. It was his largest ever car project/fixer upper car/passion project, so of course he thought of it highly.

They had done everything from replacing to rebuilding multiple parts of the vehicle. The exterior, the interior, everything from the springs and shocks to the steering column and calipers was in some way, shape or form, worked on by the pair.

This specific vehicle was likely more newer than older based on the amount of new parts installed at that point but Rengoku didn't care. It was his, and that made it special.

Originally it was just an old Mustang his father Shinjuro had in his possession that was going to be scraped but Rengoku had managed to get the car from him.

They spent many weekends and months fixing this thing up and it drove just like new. It was the his pride and joy in a sense, a old rusty none used car turned driven beauty.

Rengoku treated this car like it was his first born child with the way he cherished it.

It was even painted all red with a few yellow and orangish fiery strips on the sides similar to his hair's color funnily enough.

The vehicle perfectly matched the owner's flair and personality to a tee as it should.

After they had arrived and parked Mitsuri was the first one out of the car, her excitement was apparent since this was the first time in almost ever she was allowed to go anywhere with friends per her dad's permission. She had gone and called for permission before they left school to make sure she was allowed to go or else she would be in serious trouble if she didn't return home on time.

The three had already discussed where they were going  first on the ride here and how they were each going to get back.

Giyuu was going to get a ride home from Rengoku and Mitsuri was going to call her mom for a ride home since that's what her dad wanted her to do.

The three walked around exploring the place for a while, Giyuu and Rengoku funnily enough had never been here before. In all their years living in this place they never once had even been to this specific mall, even if it was close by all this time.

"How long has this place been built for? It can't be that old." Giyuu said in disbelief as he walked with them.

"It's been here for... 3 years now, I came here recently with my mom and little sister but I didn't do much sight seeing and this place is huge." Mitsuri explained to the two as she walked backwards in front of them.

"Guess we're just that unobservant!" Rengoku laughed.

"Or that clueless." Giyuu said letting out a very small contained chuckle.