What happened?

-Mason POV-

I jolt awake in panic. The last thing I remember was Aria asking me a stupid question, so why am I in Lea's bed, bandages wrapped around my head with blood on my shirt? What the hell happened. Why don't I remember? Did I have a heart attack? I know I'm not fixed, I'm still small, so what changed?! "Uhh, I see you're awake, heh" I turn my head instantly to see Lea, standing in the doorway, wearing a loose t-shirt, holding an ice pack my size. "Lea what happened?!" I say, my head starting to hurt from shouting. "I'm not a licensed therapist or anything, but I don't think that's good for you." I roll my eyes, still acknowledging what she said. "What do you mean licensed therapist?" I ask. "You're not making sense." Instead of responding, Lea simply goes up to the edge of the bed and reaches out to me. Normally I'd let her hold me, but for some reason, I back away out of instinct.

"You passed out, from stress I think, either stress or an anxiety attack" she whispered. "I can't see into your brain, but I can guess why things happened. I mean, at your size, I don't blame you for getting overwhelmed. I've been kinda controlling in a way, we've all been kinda odd in these times and-" I cut Lea off before she can go any further into self guilt. "Lea. You did nothing wrong. I don't know why this happened, but please, can I get some alone time to process this?" Lea nods instantly. "Yeah, of course" then, she rushes out of the room. I lied. I have an idea as to how this happened.

It barley happened in chidlhood, but I would faint when I couldn't take things anymore, when I got so panicked or emotional or whatever. But, I've lasted earlier, what makes this time different? Maybe because I couldn't speak, I was too paranoid. It's probably nothing, but at least I have an idea. Never thought this would happen in front of my friends though. Or my crush.

-No one POV-

Mason stood up, his head in pain, and slowly got off of Lea's bed. Mason began to feel dizzy as he reached the bedroom door. "Mason!" Abdulah called, Mason collapsing into his palm. "I'm fine.. just dizzy. Maybe I should've waited to get up" he whispered. "Damn it.." Abdulah wanted to help his friend, but all he could do was make sure he lived. Abdulah held Mason in his arm, cradling him like a child.

"He's a teenager like us" Lea muttered. She didn't want to admit anything, but something had happened to Mason, while it wasn't much, Mason had grown about two inches, and the growth was making him exhausted. "At least it's something."

"Do you think that he'll grow?" Abdulah inquired. Setting Mason on the couch and covering him with his jacket. "I think that this, was just a fluke, a flaw in the system, I think we'd need to find the original person, the one who caused this." Abdulah nodded subtly. I think it's funny, a crazy person testing substances on people illegally, brought you and Mason closer together."

"I hope it will stay that way once things are fixed."