09

You came to the surface after diving into your sea of flashbacks. You were amazed at how you remembered that precious moment with such fine details. As if it had happened only yesterday.

Also, this wasn't the first time that you had allowed yourself to relish in this pleasurable moment. You have revisited this memory more times in your life than Jin could have ever imagined.

"I remember," you whispered. Your eyes flickered up to meet the soft orbs. Feeling his gentle gaze on yours, you were suddenly swept away with a wave of bravery sweeping through your veins.

It gave you the strength to reach out and take Jin's hands in yours.

" I will never forget that day," you declared.
"Are you sure?" Jin asked unconvinced. "I doubt that it means anything to you on a significant level."

"How could you say that?" You cried out in shock and pain.

Jin's eyes widened at your outburst.
You took advantage of his silence and continued to speak though it was rather difficult to do so with a shaky voice.

"Even if I get amnesia, I will never allow myself to forget that night. I would have kept it written on a book beforehand, so that I could revisit it each and every time that my happiness fails me. That night you made mini-pizzas right?"

Jin slowly nodded.

"Well have you ever wondered why, out of all the dishes I create, my pizza comes out as the best out of them all?"

Silence.

You went on. "It's because you made mini-pizzas that night. That night, not only did you share you recipe with me while you taught it to me but you also shared your passion and your... Just say it... Love with me."

"I didn't quite understand those beautiful feelings that my heart and soul felt emitting out from you. Neither did I try to understand what they were because I was scared of letting atleast a second pass by in that moment without taking it into my mind and cherishing it. I didn't want to mull over something that could cause me confusion when everything seemed so clear to me.

And so, I completely ditched the pizza recipe that I used to know and I started following what you taught me that night.
Each and every time I would make it, I would be reminded of how you held me, how we laughed, your hands on mine, your warm elated breath on the nape of my neck and how all my feelings felt so perfect and right to me. The reason why the pizza comes out so perfectly is because all those rich and jubilious emotions would come wafting through and make the recipe that much special. "

You firmly squeezed his hands before I clearly and slowly said," And it's all so, because I remembered that night and that night is so special to me,"

Jin bit his lower lip before exhaling a breath he never knew he had been holding.

" (Y/N), I... I'm so sorry I accused you of not feeling the same way but if you do love me as much I as I love you, why haven't you ever tried to accept the loving gestures I'd always do for you?" he asked his brows furrowed. "I mean, a few weeks back I sent roses to your apartment on Valentine's Day with a necklace tangled around one of the roses and a note saying " it's from one of the BTS members, guess who." But the next day, your actions seem to imply that you haven't even received it. You didn't even mention the roses or anything. And don't say you never got them, because the delivery guy said he delivered them right to your hands,"

Now it was your turn to bite your lip as you contemplated on how to tell Jin what your reasons were. Just be honest. The cat is out of the bag anyway.

You sighed and met his gaze. " I did receive the roses, you're right. "you admitted."I have them in a vase on a table right next to my bed so that I would be reminded of you every time I wake up. And..." you dug your hand inside you shirt and fished out the pendant of the necklace you had been wearing which was concealed underneath.

It was a golden heart shaped pendant. The same one Jin had gifted you on Valentine's Day.

"Unknowing to you I wear this every day as well."

"Then why did you-" Jin started but you cut him off.

"I was scared that if I agreed to go out with you, even when it is what I'd want more than anything in this entire world, that I would be getting way ahead of myself. You are amazing, a star and here I am just some dumb make-up artist with fantasies about you. "

" I'm not good enough for you," You whispered before finally letting your gaze drop to stare down at your peach coat shoes.

Before anything could happen, you felt a pair of loving arms wrap themselves around you before pulling you close to a broad chest in the form of a bear hug.

He is so warm. Was all you thought before you let yourself be snuggled into him while equally wrapping your arms around his torso.

You felt one of the arms unwrap around you before a hand came down to cup your cheek lovingly. He lifted your face up to look at him.

"(Y/N), don't you dare say that. You mean so much to me," Jin reassured in a firm voice. "The fact that someone as amazing as you actually return my feelings... You have no idea how happy you've made me,"

He pulled your head to nestle back into his chest before placing his chin on top of your head. "You've made me so happy," he repeated blissfully.

You inhaled his unique scent which was a combination of cinnamon and sweets enticing your nostrils.

"You're one of us, okay?" he said against my hair. You nodded into his chest feeling a sense of comfort and belonging.

You felt a pair of soft lips touch your hair. "You're my dumb, drama obsessed make-up artist," he warmly assured you.

You smiled in glee. Yes, I'm his dumb-wait what?

You pulled back and looked up with eyes brows raised in offense. "Excuse me?" you said.

Jin grimaced. "You know what I mean," he muttered before pulling your head again to rest on his chest so he could rest his cheek on your head.

You couldn't still help thinking about how soft his lips felt on top of your head. What if you wanted more of it? But somewhere else?
Yikes, should I be thinking this right now? You thought as your heart started to race.

"So, aren't you forgetting something?" Jin smirked pulling away from you but you both were still holding each other.

"Um...what?" you shyly asked though you had some sort of idea on what he meant.
"We just performed a declaration of love, didn't we?" Jin pointed out. "Bit dramatic for the classic one because it was you obviously and-"

"I made it dramatic?" You asked in disbelief. "You were clearly the one who got jealous of Yoongi in the first place over some stupid reasons."

You were silenced by Jin placing a finger on your lips.
"Shh," he warned lightly. "No man's name is allowed to escape your lips but mine, my dear."

Oh my God, this man. You rolled your eyes as you sarcastically said, "OK, your jealousiness,"

Jin chuckled, "I'm just kidding but yeah the members are OK, and I'll forgive you for Yoongi as well but all other men are nothing but dangerous wolves ready to snatch you away from me,trust me."

Whatever.

"But what I was getting at was," Jin continued with a teasing tone. "Every declaration of love needs some sort of affirmation."

You felt both your neck and cheeks flush.

Jin leaned even closer to you, your faces inches apart, you could feel his warm breath beating down on your lips sending tingles down your body like a warm wave of pleasurable sunshine after being trapped in an ice cold room for a long time.

" Like maybe a kiss? "Jin finished teasingly.
" I-..
........................................................................

Don't forget to vote and to also stay happy
Thank you! 💜