Prologue

The tall wooden gate opened and a masked man stepped through holding a gun. He looked through the gardened yard. The man's name was Lucis. Lucis stepped forward, walking passed the tiny garden. He walked into the backyard. There was a little house sitting at the edge of it. Lucis walked into it, gun raised. Besides a table and gardening supplies, it was empty. There was a door in the little house. The man peered through the darkened window. Nothing except quails. Lucis walked away from the tiny house and walked up the stairs to the actual house. His hand wrapped around the doorknob and opened the door. He stepped into the house, closing the door behind him. As Lucis walked into the house a door slammed closed. Lucis stumbled back. He tried to fire his gun but nothing came out. He checked his amunition, full. Lucis tried to fire again but to no avail. He dropped his gun and ran out the door. Lucis ran down the stairs and slipped behind the little garden. He waited in silence. Slowly he got up. Lucis pulled a stick out of the ground and creeped forward. He raised the stick and hit it over the head. He repeated the motion. There was a growl. Lucis dropped the stick and ran back to his hiding place behind the garden. There was a growl and the man crawled back, only to be stopped by a stack of supplies. With another growl, the thing reached forward towards Lucis. The man was terrified. He was going to die. The thing bent down, preparing to kill. Lucis could smell it's horrid breath as it leaned closer. Another growl.