*eighteen* Oliver

"We need to get the face masks." Lucis said as he and Eric walked through a hallway. "Once we get those we need to gain access to the security cameras than take out the guards." It was day three of being an officer and things were good.

"How are we going to get the face masks and take out the security cameras?" Eric asked as they turned a corner.

"Don't worry." Lucis said. "I have everything under control." Eric nodded. They didn't say a word as they passed two older officers. "We're going to meet the new cadets today." Lucis said. "I heard they kept them in their parents' bedrooms until they were old enough."

"We get cadets?" Eric asked.

"We have to train them." Lucis said. They turned another corner.

"Well, that's going to complicate things." Eric said. Lucis nodded in agreement.

"And to make it worse," Lucis said as the doors in front of them slid open. "We're getting them now." The room was filled with kids and newly instated officers that had passed the test with Eric and Lucis.

"Ah." An older officer said, a smile on his face. "Our last two officers have arrived." Lucis and Eric walked to the side of the room where all the officers were standing straight up with their hands behind their backs. The cadets were whispering among themselves, eyes glancing at the officers, both young and old.

"Let's begin." The older officer said as he and his younger counterpart entered the room. Everyone, even the cadets, straightened at his voice. "Each cadet will be trained by an officer." There might be an officer or two without a cadet but that isn't the end of the world." He began to read off names from a piece of paper of cadets and who their officer teacher was. Finally, there were only two left. Lucis and Eric. They hadn't been paired. Everyone had already left except for them and the two older officers. "We need you for something." The older officer told the two boys in front of him. The two gave him questioning looks.

"We can't tell you what it is now." The younger officer said hastily. "It's very important." There was a lot of emphasis put on the word 'very'. The two nodded. "You may leave. You will know when we're ready." Lucis and Eric walked out.

"We need to get Oliver out now." Lucis said once the door closed behind them. "We can't wait any longer."

"When should we do it?" Eric asked.

"Tonight." Lucis didn't wait for Eric to respond. He sped up, heading for a hallway that looked exactly like the rest.

**

"You remember what to do with the security cameras?" Lucis asked. Eric nodded. "Go." Lucis ordered. "Remember to put the mask on." Eric hurried off, strapping the mask around his head. Lucis pulled his mask on and quietly walked towards Oliver's cell. Here goes. He thought. Don't mess this up. Whatever you do, don't mess this up.

**

Eric met Lucis at the corner of a hallway.

"Is it done?" Lucis asked.

"Yes." Eric said. Lucis took a quick peak around the corner. The two new officers were standing there with guns at their sides and straight backs.

"Ready?" Lucis asked. Eric nodded.

"You know what to do I hope?"

"Of course I know." Lucis turned the corner. The two guards looked up from their posts.

"May we help you?" The closest one asked. Lucis didn't respond. He had hidden his cast and let his injured arm hang at his side. Well, both arms were hanging at his sides. "May we help you?" The closest officer asked. The farther one raised his gun. But Eric was already behind him. A few pressure points later the officer was on the ground. Before the other one could yell for help Lucis was on him. They dragged the bodies away. Eric unlocked the door. Oliver's head rolled up as it opened. The bags under Oliver's eyes were darker than the first time they had seen Oliver here. Eric nodded to Lucis who broke Oliver's chains. Lucis dragged his friend up and helped him out of his cell. Eric closed the door behind them and followed the two out of the hallway. They dragged the two officer's bodies back to their posts. They would be waking up soon. 

"Where will we take him?" Eric asked.

"Somewhere that's not here." Lucis said. "Help me move him. Get on his other side." Eric obeyed and helped his friend drag Oliver through the many hallways. Thankfully no one saw them. This is going too smoothly. Lucis thought. Well, they didn't think we'd ever get in. They slipped out of the building and surveyed the high mountain it sat upon.

"Let's check the otherside." Eric said. "There might be something to hide him in over there." Lucis nodded and helped Eric lift their friend over the rocks. Oliver's head was rolling to the side and the cloudy eyes zoned out, like a blind man trying to walk across the street. Once they got to the otherside Lucis let out a small yell of triumph. There was a hidden cave sitting in the rocks.

"Let's put him here." Lucis said. "We can sneak him food on our daily patrols."

"He needs something to stay warm." Eric reminded him.

"Let's get him a blanket and pillow." Lucis said. "There are some spares in a cabinet. I don't think they'll miss them." Eric nodded.

"I'll go grab them." He ran off. Lucis helped the shivering Oliver into the cave and helped him sit down.

"It's going to be okay." Lucis told him. Oliver's eyes stared past him, not seeing. Blind.

**

The next morning the older officers were furious. They had seen two newly instated officers help a survivor escape. The news spread like a plague. The two officers who had been guarding him vanished, yelling all the way that it had been someone else. The officers who took them didn't listen. Lucis and Eric snuck the hidden survivor food as often as they could. Soon, Oliver's health was back to normal. Except for Oliver's eyes. Oliver's eyes still had that glazed sheen. Oliver walked, hands feeling the air in front of Oliver. Oliver was blind. But then, one of Oliver's eyes, the left on to be specific, lost its whiteness and turned back to its normal chocolate brown. Oliver was no longer entirely blind.

But Oliver still didn't remember Lucis and Eric.