10

Guys, I'm sorry for those who wanted more of other people's POVs, but this story will mostly be about Ben. There might be some different POVs in the future. Btw I'm done with naming stupid chapters, just going with numbers now lol.

Alexander Hale was waiting just beside the academy's gate to greet me.

"Hello, Benjamin!" He greeted me cheerfully. I made up a smile. Although it was half-hearted I really had nothing against Alexander. He probably knew nothing about the CIA's lie anyways, being the excuse for a spy he was. As far as I know, Alexander was led to believe that I was off on a short vacation to visit my parents. 

"Hello!" I responded, reaching out for Alexander's hand, and shaking it. He explained to me that my dorm was going to be the same as before; I could settle and unpack today, and my classes would start tomorrow. I talked to Alexander about life for a bit (of course I didn't spill my undercover status) but then was ushered away to my dorm reluctantly. I hate to admit it, but I enjoyed small talks with Alexander. He might be stupid, incompetent, and mostly the enemy, but he was like a father in espionage to me, along with Catherine. I believe this might have been natural after parenting a daughter with an emotion of a robot for a while.

I entered my dorm room cautiously, wary of potential booby traps an enemy might have planted. There was none. I unpacked my clothes, bathing supplies, textbooks, and a lot of other things. My room was in a similar state when I had left: crusty white paint on the walls, which had turned to more of a gray after the years, the mattress with several holes impaled on it, and most importantly, the shiny, gray wooden desk I had gotten from Catherine for Christmas. The CIA had kept it safely, and I grinned when I saw a piece of gum I had from a year ago stuck onto it. 

I took out a booby trap made by SPYDER that Joshua had given to me for protection in my dorm room. At first glance, it looked like a childish contraption that would mean no harm. But if you looked in close enough, there were tiny tranquilizer darts equipped, ready to shoot if it was activated. This way, no one was able to enter my dorm room without permission. You could only disable it by cracking a 16-digit rotating daisy cylinder, which changed every 24 hours and was only sent to my email address, which had a 248-digit long password, which I could easily memorize because of my number skills. 

I was mostly chilling on the bed by myself before dinner, listening to some tunes on Spotify, and viewing fanfictions on this random site called Wattpad. Users on that social media platform were madly shipping me and Erica, which made me furious, and I resulted in throwing my phone at an inhuman strength. It consequently cracked the screen of my new iPhone 14 Pro Max. 

I groaned when the bell for dinnertime rang. Did I really have to meet everyone? Mike, Zoe, Jawa, Chip, and most importantly, Erica? I wondered if any of them knew of my return. Honestly, Erica probably would, since she hacks the CIA database as a hobby, but still there were chances of nobody knowing. In case of an attack, a placed a Walther P22 inside the pockets of my hoodie sweatshirt and placed a swiss army knife inside my socks. 

Loads of spies-in-training waved out of the classrooms like a tsunami. I managed to spot Zoe midst of the chaos of the crowd, and her shockingly green eyes widened in shock. She stood there, motionless for a second, then smiled and walked towards me.

Oh god, I thought. I have to deal with her already?

My brain was rushing with thoughts of what I should do. For some reason, I repeatedly thought Erica would come and help me. God, I didn't know why these thoughts suddenly appeared in my head like a lightbulb; Erica was my enemy, hence I shouldn't be expecting help from her. I was capable myself, with the serum in my body and all of that juice. 

Although, there was one problem: I couldn't show off my new abilities to my past friends. This bummed me a lot because if I was going to meet the people I despised the most, couldn't I at least show them my new physical skills?

Zoe yelled glamorously from the end of the hall, "Hey! Smokescreen! You're back!"

Everyone in the hall's eyes diverted from whatever they were focusing on earlier, then settled heavily upon me.

I was in mental terror now. God, can't she keep her goddamn mouth shut for one second?

That was when I saw Erica's cold, ice-blue eyes land on mine.

Fuck my life.