The Dining Hall

AN: I'm publishing this at 4:30 am, please excuse any typos of continuity errors, i'll fix them when I have more braincells to work with. 

Enjoy!

-Shinobu and Mitsuris apartment-

"Mitsuri! Come on! We can't be late for class again!" She heard running around upstairs, 'That girl will never learn.' She thought to herself as she redialed the number for the aquarium; she had finished the lionfish documentary and her paper last night but still had questions. The phone rang once and was answered, a soft and soothing voice answered the phone, "Ubuyashiki Aquarium, how may we help you?" the voice made her feel calm, "Good Morning! May I speak with Giyuu? I spoke to him a few days ago." She stopped when she realized she didn't want to bother the man with unnecessary information. "Of course, child, may I have your name?"

Her eyes widened, "Oh I'm so sorry! My name is Shinobu." she internally sighed, her mother would be ashamed, she didn't even introduce herself. She could hear two boys in the background bickering about something. "I'll go get Tomioka, I can see him from here, one moment." He purposefully set the receiver down on the table and didn't put her on hold. She could hear the two in the background more clearly, "No, I'm telling you he would benefit from having a girlfriend, look at him! He wasting away in those khakis!" She could only assume she was listening to two other employees. "Zen, I'm agreeing with you, but Giyuu needs to be the one to make that decision. We can't just parade him around until someone says 'I want that!' he isn't an Oiran." She chuckled; this kid was funny. There was a loud gasp and some chair wheels moving around, "I cannot believe you just compared our resident rain cloud to an Edo period lady of the night!" She stifled her laughter in her hand. They stopped their convo and laughed to themselves a little.

-At the Aquarium-

"Yes, Sir, thank you for telling me." Giyuu turned away from the group he was chatting with and could see Tanjiro and Zenetsu talking animatedly to one another. He wondered why Shinobu had called again, she had asked tons of questions the other day. As he approached the desk the two younger boys stopped their convo and laughed amongst themselves, he made a confused face at them and looked toward the phone, they laughed a little more. He picked up the phone, "Hello, this is Giyuu." He heard giggling on the phone, "Hi, yes, thank you for answering. I was wondering if we could talk more about the Lionfish. I finished my paper but was wondering if you knew anything about how the lionfish venom attacks the body? From what I've gathered it's a neuromuscular toxin similar to cobra venom."

Giyuu didn't know anything in that moment, his only thought was 'Oh wow, she sounds really smart.' "I don't, I'm sorry. My major is ichthyology not anything more specific, however the couple that lives below me might have more insight, Tamayo has a PhD in biotechnology, her husband is an aquarist." There weren't any words shared between them for a moment, he thought she hung up, she was speechless. "Giyuu, did you just invite me to meet your downstairs neighbors?" His whole face turned red, "I.... not intentionally, I'm so sorry. I can ask Tamayo whatever questions you have and I can give you the answers back..." His thoughts were scrambled after being made aware of his embarrassing insinuation. "Yeah, that would be great. I'll call again." He was still in shock so he didn't respond back. "Talk to you again, goodbye." She ended with that and hung-up.

-At Shinobu and Mitsuris apartment-

"Shi! Why is your face so red, are you alright?" Shinobu had just walked back into the room after having her phone conversation in the kitchen. "Yea, I'm okay, just surprised." She offered no further explanation and headed out the door, Mitsuri had no idea who Shinobu had been on the phone with. Based on her friends' current state she thought it may have been Tengen since she gave him Shinobu's number. He usually had *that* effect on woman he spoke with. "Okay, well I'm ready now and you were the one who said we shouldn't be late anymore, let go!" Shinobu just held a raised thumb over her head, Mitsuri grabbed her bag and followed her roommate.