Tuesday

I smile, seeing little children running out of the church as I walk up the steps.

I walk into the church, seeing the pastor at the podium, stacking some sheet music.

"Hello father."I smile, making him look up.

"Oh, hello Dede! How are you?"he asks, walking down from the small stage.

I chuckle, looking down.

"I'm okay father, how are you?"I ask softly, causing him to turn his head to the side a bit.

"Do you not like being called Dede?"

I look up, seeing him standing right before me. I hadn't even noticed he approached me.

"Oh um. W-well not really. It is my nickname of course but I feel like it's a bit.. childish?"I stammer, stumbling a bit.

He nods, looking as if he already knew.

"Come this way, I have a few books that can help you."

....

I watch him route through an old trunk, sorting out thick, old looking books.

His normally, slick and smooth hair had fallen lose, a few strands hanging over his forehead.

He was so incredibly sexy.

I chuckle silently as I begin to doodle on my notepad, forming the outline of his body.

.....

"Here you are Ms. Dede."Father Andy says as he brings over a small stack of Latin dictionaries.

He sees her blushing, doodling on her notes.

He looks over, seeing that she was indeed drawing a portrait of him standing there.

"That's incredible."he says softly.

She jumps up so hard she accidentally throws her pencil, and it sticks straight into the ceiling.

She looks up at the pencil and her face turns a hard red.

"Oh my goodness. I am so sorry father."she says quietly.

The pastor chuckles, reaching up and pulling the pencil from the ceilings with his two fingers.

"That's quite alright, Dede."he says, handing her the pencil and then taking a seat.

"Let me see your notes."he says.

She swallows the lump in her throat and then sits up, passing her notes over to him.

He reads a bit and then smiles.

"He not has been walking past writings on weak lantern?"he reads.

"Oh wow. It's that bad?"she says.

"Pretty bad. Yeah."

....

"You did surprisingly well today."He says, looking at my new notes.

"You're a really good teacher father."I say.

He laughs.

"I had a good teacher. "He says, standing up.

"I consider myself a fast learner. I also consider myself someone who just wants to impress my teachers."I laugh.

"Well, color me impressed. I hope you pass that quiz."he says.

"Me too."I chuckle as he opens the door for me.

I walk past him, feeling his eyes on me.

"You know what they says about girls who seek academic validation, Dede?"he asks with a smile.

"...they advance in the career they chose?"I ask.

He laughs again as we walk to the front doors of the church.

"I'll ask another time."he says, opening the door for me.

I smile, looking down as I walk past him. I look back, seeing him looking around as if he were expecting someone to be watching.

"Thank you again father, I'll see you on Sunday."I smile.

"Goodnight Addison."he smiles before pulling the door of the church closed.

My heart melted at the way my name rolled off his tongue.

...

"He's so dreamy, Grammy. I feel so wrong for having a crush on a priest."I say, drying the wet dishes my grandmother handed to me.

"I bet he's even more interesting under those robes."she says.

"Grammy you are so nasty."I laugh.

"I had a string of boyfriends too, unlike you. Go ask him on a date."she says.

"I can't do that Grammy, school is too important, I want to focus on that."I smile.

"You can be an archaeologist anytime. You're only 21 once."she smiles.

I smile as well, blushing.

"Maybe I will."