The pear shaped burn

I rush into the hospital, tears in my eyes as I run to the glass window peering into the burn victim unit.

"Oh my god."I sob softly as my mother and father approach.

I see my brother completely covered in bandages, head to toe.

With one pink, eyebrow-less eye uncovered. My breath shakes as I put my hands against the glass.

"Are you the family?"

I turn to see a doctor.

"What..happened to him?"I ask, trying not to sob.

"Well, from what we've come to understand, there was an incident with the welding equipment Ben was using. He was...there was a break in one of your brothers colleagues Acetylene tanks and he was holding an open flame."

"Oh my god."my mother says, covering her mouth.

"Is he gonna be okay?"I sob, my father coming to hold me.

"He won't be able to move or speak very much. We're trying to keep him asleep, he'd be in horrific pain otherwise."the doctor says.

I turn into my father's chest and sob.

"Will he be okay? What are we supposed to do?"my mother asks.

"The best advice I can give you is to wait patiently. And pray."the doctor says softly.

"Can I talk to him? Will he hear me?"I cry.

"Yes, he can hear you. Of course."she says, opening the door.

I rush in, going to him.

"Oh my god, Ben? Can you hear me?"I whimper, being careful not to touch him.

His one eye opens and I gasp, covering my mouth.

"Benny I'm so sorry this happened to you! Oh my god!"I sob.

His eyes soften as he looks at me and I quickly wipe my tears.

"It's okay Benny, i-its honestly not th-that bad."I smile, tears streaming my cheeks.

"You're gonna be out of here in no time Benny. It's okay."I smile as he slowly blinks tears from his eyes.

....

Andy sweeps the floor of his place behind his podium.

He hears a knock at the door and looks up, sitting the broom down.

He walks over to the door, pulling his sleeves down.

He opens the door, seeing Dede standing before him.

Her cheeks and nose were red, her eyes puffy.

"Oh dear? Are you okay?"he asks as she walks into his chest.

She begins sobbing and he hugs her tightly and soothes her, walking her back into the church and closing the door.

......

Andy softly strokes Addison's hair as she sleeps. She used his thigh as her pillow, and he cupped her cheek comfortingly, thumbing her hairline.

Suddenly he hears another knock at the door and he huffs, rolling his eyes.

He carefully pulls her head off of his lap, and he softly moves a cushion under her head.

He stands, leaving his office and closing the door quietly.

He walks down the stairs into the church where he goes to the door.

He opens the door, seeing a girl with black hair and dark eye makeup.

She smiles as she sees him.

"Asher? What are you doing here?"he asks, an annoyed expression on his face.

"W-well I was just thinking we could..like..hang out you know."she smiles.

He huffs.

"I have company, Asher."

She frowns.

"B-but- you said we could."she says softly.

"I said there was a possibility we could. And now I have company."he says, putting his hands on his hips.

"Why do you keep blowing me off? D-do you even really like me? I feel like you're just using me."she says, tears running down her cheeks.

Annoyed, Andy rolls his eyes as he speaks.

"Of course I like you, Ash. But I have company now."he says.

"I don't believe you. And if you don't prove it in gonna tell everyone what you made me do!"

This makes his eyes go dark, and he lets off a soft sigh.

"Alright Asher. Meet me at my house tomorrow?"he says, his voice deep as he steps out.

He chuckles as he cups her face, making her lips pucker.

"Then I'll show you how much I like you."

Her eyes gloss over and her cheeks get red and she smiles.

He pecks her lips quickly and then releases her, stepping back into the church.

The door closes, and Asher with a love drunk expression turns and walks away.

.....

Addison sits up a bit as she hears the door open.

Andy steps into the room.

"Oh, I didn't mean to wake you."he says.
...

"It's okay."I say softly as he walks over to me, sitting down.

I lay my head in his lap and he begins massaging my scalp.

"Are you alright, Dede?"he asks.

I shrug.

"My brother is in the hospital. I told him he was going to be okay. I lied."I say softly.

"It's really bad. But I told him he would be out in no time. Do you think god would be mad at that?"I ask softly.

Andy moves his hand down, rubbing my neck and avoiding the pear shaped burn on my neck.

He massages me comfortingly and speaks softly.

"You're an angel in gods eyes, Addison. I don't know how he could see you any other way."he says softly.

I smile a bit as I close my eyes, blinking tears from them.

"Thank you, Andy."

.....