Praise

Andy hands me a stack of folded clothes and then steps away, allowing me into the guest room.

"You should call your father and let him know you're okay."he says.

"I will. Thank you Andy."I say softly.

"Of course. Good night Dede."he says before walking down the hall towards his bedroom.

I watch as he closes himself in and I huff, closing my bedroom door.

The guest room was quaint, and comfortable. I unfold the pajamas he had given me.

He was a tall man, I was going to look like a child in his clothes. I chuckle as I pull off my shirt and slip the one he had given me over my head.

The sleeves were too long, and it hung just above my knees.

I shrug, dropping my jeans and settling on using his shirt as a night gown.

I pull back the covers from the bed and get in, surprised that these sheets smelled like him.

I smile softly.

....

Andy looks in the mirror, slicking his hair back and then smoothing the wrinkles from his jacket and adjusting his priest collar.

Then he opens his bedroom door and walks out, headed towards the guest room.

He knocks twice before opening the door.

"Dede i-"he cuts himself off as he sees her in bed.

He instantly closes the door and then covers his mouth, walking towards the stairs.

...

I wake up as I hear the door close. I sit up, looking around and then shivering.

I sit up, rubbing my arms up and down and then stepping out of bed.

I walk over to the door and open it, headed down the hall to the stairs. As I reach the bottom of the stairs, I see a cup of cold water and an aspirin on the dining table.

I smile, hearing Andy moving around in the kitchen.

"Thank you Andy."I say, placing the aspirin in my mouth and then drinking the water to swallow the pill.

"No problem."Andy says from the kitchen.

I smile as I look back, seeing Andy coming into the dining room.

"Hungry-Oh, Dede c'mon."he says as he sees me.

Then he turns around.

"What's wrong?"I ask.

"Pants Dede, you're not wearing any pants."he says.

I look down at the shirt that was basically a dress on me.

"Oh. Sorry."I say, sitting the cup down and then walking towards the stairs.

"I didn't mean to be rude Dede just.. temptation is the devil."he says softly.

I smile, containing my laugh as I walk back up the stairs.

.....

I walk back down the steps, seeing Andy waiting.

"I've got to get to the church. Do you need a ride home?"he asks.

"Yes, please."I say softly.

....

There's a comfortable silence between us as he drives. I notice his car was unusually clean, even the windows were spotless.

"I'm sorry for intruding last night, Andy."I say softly, making him smile as he looks at the road.

"Don't apologize. You were upset. Emotions are powerful influencers."he says.

"I just feel like I'm going to be so stressed. I have to make up a whole credit on top of the credits I still need to get, how could I be so dumb?"I huff.

Instantly I feel the car slow down.

"There you go with all of the negative talk."he huffs, turning down an unfamiliar road.

"A-andy, this isn't the turn."I say softly as I look over at him.

I notice he had a slight angry expression as he drives.

He used one hand to drive, the other was resting on the door.

The car comes to a stop in a secluded alley and I begin to get nervous as Andy's angry expression remains in tact.

He grips the steering wheel and takes a deep breath before looking at me.

"No more negative talk. Don't talk down about yourself. Do you understand me?"

His voice was deep, and demanding. And his angry expression made me shiver.

"W-what-"he cuts me off.

"Do you understand me?"he says, this time more demanding.

I nod.

"Say it."he demands.

"Yes Andy, I understand you."I say softly.

He still looks at me as he puts the car back in drive, and then looks at the road.

....

I walk into the house, my eyes wide and holding my belongings to my chest.

"Good gawd, you look like you just saw a very attractive ghost."Benny says from the kitchen table.

"She looks hot and bothered."Grammy says, making me look over at her.

"What? I told you I had a string of boyfriends. One of them is your grandaddy, can't tell you who though."she shrugs, making my brother and I look at each other.

"I love getting to come home to Grammy's nonsense."Benny says.

"It was father Andy, Grammy."I say, walking over to her.

"Oh is that where you went all drunk last night?"she asks with a smile.

"I didn't expect to end up there. It's just...he always knows what to say.."I shrug.

She smiles a sweet old lady smile at me.

"You're falling for him."she smiles, making me blush.

"He did something new today, Grammy. I didn't even know it...I wasn't supposed to..."I shrug.

"I'm gonna leave."Benny says, standing, making me huff.

He exits the room and I look back to Grammy.

"I'm confused, Grammy."I say.

"Why are you confused?"she asks.

"Well, he was angry at me Grammy. He was talking to me in this deep, and angry voice and I was just.."I sigh before laying my head on the counter.

"Melting."

"Oo, girl you a freak."

"Grammy."I groan.

"There's nothing wrong with that! You're looking at a freak right now!"she says, making me stand up.

"I'm gonna go call mom."I huff, walking out of the kitchen.