Day 3, Prompt: Nightmares

Author's Note: Hello and Welcome to Day 3 of Huntlow week! I decided to go for an angsty route today with the prompt: "Nightmares." I hope you enjoy it!

Stay tuned for tomorrow! Image belongs to iamstinky2art on Twitter.

Hunter's POV

I ran off into the woods with the rebus in hand and Flapjack was trying to keep up with me, leaving Luz behind. I found the graveyard which the rebus was leading me to. I suddenly felt sickly. Then I felt in chains, held against my will. It was Him.

Belos' goop form had followed us into the Human realm, I wasn't lying. I felt strained and couldn't move. When I finally had movement I wasn't myself anymore. Flapjack flew off to hide from me. I didn't want to scare him off. He's just sensing Belos. I feel are antlers sprouting from my head and Belos mimicking my voice to speak to Luz, "I saw you. Glyphs do work here..."

My arm lunged at Luz. I didn't want to do that. I didn't want to hurt her, she was like a sister to me. "Belos stop! You're going to hurt them! STOP!" I tried to yell, but my skin was burning and I had scars scaling my body. I couldn't see what I was doing. It was a black void with goop piles scattered throughout. I was drowning again.

It was like back in Belos' mind. I was drowning to my demise in the purple grass and there was nothing anyone could do about it. I was engulfed in a dark green slime. I tried to get out, but I was being pulled in fast. "Because of you, we can finish our work as Witch Hunters, starting with them!"

I lunged at all of them with brute force and sharp claws. Amity and Gus tried to distract him and Willow took one of the arms down with all her strength, without magic. Vee proceeded to try and help me by sucking out Belos' magic. I started to feel loosened and better, I pushed to get out of the goop. But Belos ended up scaring Vee off, leading Amity to get her to safety.

I hear Luz trying to speak to me, "I know you can hear me Hunter! Fight. Him. Off!"

"Belos! Enough! I'm done with your manipulation! I'm done with your abuse. I'm done with your beliefs. I'M! DONE! WITH! YOU!" I said to him, trying to get out of the goop.

Then he grabbed Flapjack in his grasp squeezing him. It was a race against the clock. "Goodbye, Evelyn!" Belos scowled.

I ran towards the Belos replica and fought with him for control, while doing that his real self possessing me put spikes through Flapjack.  "Nooo!" I immediately fought for control and managed to release Flapjack before it was too late.

We fought back and forth, I even tried punching myself to get Belos out of me. I fell to my knees weakened, but I stood my ground, pushing back against his power. I felt stronger in every step I took towards the water surrounding us.

In my head, Belos was towards the other side, standing looking weak. I walked toward him with all my confidence.

With both my inner and outer shells I said the same thing, hoping to finally drill what I really wanted into his head. I was not submitting to Belos any longer.

"You know what I'd like, Belos?" I asked. He tried to gain control, but I resisted holding my arm in intense pain. "I'd like to leave the Emperor's Coven and never step in that throne room again! I'd like to study wild magic and learn how to carve Palismen! I'd like to attend Hexside as a regular student, and play Flyer Derby with my friends!"

I felt the nasty remarks in my head, "You're weak. You're nothing against me! I'm more powerful! You can't defeat me!" I started to feel weak and helpless again, but I tried to finish my speech before he fully took over again.