Day 6, Prompt: Scars + Love Language

Author's Note: Welcome to Day 6 of Huntlow Week and today I am doing a Combo Prompt. This one-shot is inspired by a fanfiction written by sleepy_catz on twitter/AO3 called "Will I Like Wolves Again?" and a small bit of art by solddraws on twitter.

Enjoy and Stay Tuned for the final Prompt! Picture up top belongs to MoringmarkMark on twitter. SLIGHT TRIGGER WARNING

"Time to go Home Flap," Hunter sniffled as he walked through the portal.

On the other side of the portal, The Boiling Isles seemed like an icy wasteland, compared to before. Hunter stood looking over the Isles, gripping his t-shirt where his heart was and his longer hair blowing in the frosty breeze.

Hunter untied his costume from around his waist and placed his arms through the sleeves, trying to keep as warm as possible. It was snowing and unbelievably cloudy. Hunter felt a small touch on his arm, Willow was behind him with a warm hand on his shoulder, giving him a reassuring smile. He smiled back and squeezed her hand reassuringly, but when he turned around, the grin faded and he lowered his hand.

Everyone was on the other side now, the first place everyone thought of was The Owl House. It was their safest bet, maybe Eda, King, Hooty, and everyone was back there. Maybe they were hiding out. It has a bunch of bedrooms and a bathroom to clean up.

On the way, Hunter felt sharp pains course through his legs and torso, causing him to fall. "Ahh!"

"Hunter!" Willow, Luz, and Camilla gasped.

"Hunter, are you alright?" Luz asked.

Hunter couldn't manage words. He tried to get up, but the pain was forcing him to stay low. Tears welled in his eyes, he whimpered, and he shook his head, no.

"Oh Cariño," Camila grasped Hunter's hands and lightly pulled. He twitched in pain.

"Ow!" He cried.

"I know. I'm sorry, Baby. But you have to get up," Camila cooed. She helped him to stand and Willow offered to carry him by his shoulders. Hunter winced in pain as he walked with Willow, but it was still too much to bear.

When the group reached the Owl House, it was dark and empty. Amity conjured a few beds, pillows, and blankets and placed them in the living room. Luz lit up the room with some light glyphs and Gus gathered some wood from outside to start a tiny fire so they could be warm.

Willow gently placed Hunter down on one of the beds and cuddled next to him slightly, trying not to cause him any more pain. Luz and Amity curled up in front of the fire with a purple blanket and Camila went to keep watch.

"Hunter, you okay? How are you feeling?" Willow asked in a whisper.

"I'm fine, just a little stinging," He whispered back. "That's all, try to head to sleep."

Luz and Amity cuddled in one, Gus had his own bed, and Willow had her own because Hunter limped to the bathroom.

Hunter tiptoed to the bathroom and closed the door quietly so as to not wake anyone up. Hunter looked into the mirror and teared up at his reflection. Hunter took off his O'Bailey outfit and dropped it to the floor. He saw more and more damage across his skin.

It hurt so much. Burning like salt on an open wound. Belos had eaten away at his skin, leaving him badly scarred. Hunter's signature facial scar had been covered up by a bigger one, covering parts of his nose, trailing down his neck, and painted over his shoulder and chest.

There was no healing magic from any of the group, Amity's sister or Viney could help, but they're nowhere to be found. Hunter moved his shirt to the side to get a better look at the scar on his shoulder. He lightly grazed a finger over it and a sharp sting passed through him, causing him to clutch his stomach and curl in pain.