Chapter 7

Rachel followed Mr. Gracey around the mansion as he told the story of Elizabeth.

"She died here in this house. She was so very young. So very beautiful. She was in love with the heir to this mansion."

"Your grandfather."

"And he loved her more than life itself. But they were from different worlds and couldn't be together."

"How did she die, Mr. Gracey?"

"She took her own life. Poison"

"That's terrible…." Rachel gasped

"After that, his life became unbearable. And so, without hope, without love, without...without Elizabeth, he hung himself."

"Oh my god…."

"His soul wanders these halls, waiting for her to return…if you listen carefully, you can still hear the sound…of his broken heart."

Rachel soon faded away, for she was merely an image inside the crystal ball of Madame Leota.

"Wait a minute, let me get this straight, you're telling me that this dude is dead, and the only reason he invited us to stay here is so he can hook up with my girlfriend!"

"Pretty much. Are you upset?" The short man asked.

"Am I upset?! This dude is dead and trying to get with my girlfriend; yes, I'm upset!"

The woman in the apron walked up to the table.

"Oh, Madame Leota, is it her? Is she really our dearly departed Elizabeth come back to us?"

"It is true. She walks these halls."

"But do not be deceived. All things are not as they appear. For the curse to be lifted, the truth must be known. And for the truth to be known, you must find the key."

"Wait a minute, ball lady, what are you talking about? What key?" Finn asked

"Enter the tomb under the great dead oak and travel deep under the ground, and there you will find the key that must be found. Find the black crypt that bares no name, or soon your fate will be the same."

"Do you only speak in riddles?" Kurt asked

"Let me get this straight," Finn spoke up. "You're saying if we find this key, we're gonna walk out of here like nothing ever happened?"

"The key is the answer to all."

"Okay, I'm down. Let's get this key!"

"There's only one problem. How do we get out of here?" Blaine asked

"Yeah, how do we get out of here!" Finn said

"Well.." the short man spoke up,

"There's always…my way."