Chapter 13

"Dearly beloved, we are gathered here today in the sight of God to join this man and this woman in the bonds of holy matrimony," Ramsley said

"Wilt thou Edward Gracey, have this woman to be thy wedded wife, to live together after God's ordinance in the holiest state of Matrimony?"

"I will," Gracey said, smiling at Rachel.

"And do you, Elizabeth Henshaw take this man to be your husband? To love and cherish in death as you did in life."

"I do..." Rachel cried

Ramsley walked to a goblet of wine and poured poisonous powder inside.

"From this moment forward, you shall be joined together as one for all eternity" He began speaking in a language that Rachel didn't understand,

"What God has joined together, let no man cast asunder." He said as he passed the goblet to Rachel; more tears poured from her eyes. She was going to die; hesitantly, she put the goblet to her lips.

"If anyone has any objections." Just as he spoke, the doors flew open, and Finn, Kurt, and Blaine emerged.

"Yeah, I've got a few objections for you!" Finn exclaimed.

"Finn!" Rachel hoisted her dress and ran down the stairs into Finn's arms.

"I thought you were dead...." She cried.

"I'm right here. Let's get out of here."

"Get away from her," Gracey growled.

"I lost her once, and I don't intend to let it happen again."

"This is not Elizabeth. Ramsley, tell him the truth!" Finn said

"I don't know what you're talking about."

"Oh, so now you've got amnesia! Elizabeth didn't kill herself. Ramsley did! He's been lying to you all along." He said said, holding onto Rachel.

"I'm warning you, sir." Gracey pulled his sword out and aimed it at Finn, "Step away."

"Hey, don't think because you aim your sword at me, I'm gonna let you marry my girlfriend!"

"My patience is wearing thin. Elizabeth, please, come along."

"I'm not Elizabeth."

"But you must be!"

"Her name is Rachel Berry. She's from Lima, Ohio." Finn said

"Not to mention she's only eighteen while you're, like, what, eighteen hundred," Kurt said

"Ramsley wants you to think she's Elizabeth, so this curse would be lifted," Blaine explained.

"That is absurd," Ramsley said

"Forgive me," Gracey said and swung his sword. Finn pushed Rachel out of the way.

"Hey! Before you dispatch my brother, maybe you should read this!" Kurt said, pulling out the letter from his pocket.

"What is it?"

"It's Elizabeth's letter. The real letter, the one she wrote, before he stole it!" Kurt said pointing to Ramsley. Gracey took the letter and read it, his face dropped, and he turned to Ramsley.

"What's the meaning of this?"

"Must we continue listening to their ramblings?" Ramsley asked trying to change the subject.

"But it is written in her hand."

"Yeah, it's written in her hand. Explain that one, Ramsley!" Finn exclaimed