From California to Philippines

Warning, this contains, injury, d__th, m__der, violence, cussing, some uncomfortable moments throughout the story, and the picture above has bright colors and blurry imagery.

[CNM]

I woke up sometime at early 4 in the morning to my family packing up. We were going on a plane ride, according to my mom's phone. I asked them where we were going, but they all were too busy packing up for the trip. Outside was highlighted an unnatural reddish orange from the now rising Sun with pale green clouds that broke into the deep night sky, the bushes mimicking figures of large creatures. Wondering what this day could bring, I ran down the hallway to stuff my bags and get ready.

A couple hours later near 6am, in the airport already. It took us 45 minutes and my mother got carsick at least twice during the ride and we're currently waiting for my dad to come out the restroom. My mom got us some lemonade and a small bag of pretzels as we headed to the place where they scanned your luggage. We sat down and waited for our flight, not even touching the food.

We started the 17 hour flight to the Philippines and it all went down in a blur. All I can remember is the flight attendants phasing through walls that shouldn't have existed followed by screaming and bugs crawling out of every seat in the middle aisle. I never wanted to be in this plane again.

As we got down, I was sent out to find some things from the grocery store on my own. They left me the van, locked me out, and sent me. They locked me out and sent me to live on my own. They locked me out the house with barely anything. They left me out for dead. What was I going to do, if I could never go back in that house, with only this van and some luggage? It echoed inside my head.

I started driving to Smith's, only to find out that the closest one was 16 miles away. I almost crashed twice due to my lack of experience, but something in the distance set me so fucking off I would've driven off the road and crashed into the kids crossing if I didn't put my mind off of that. There, in the foggy and dark background, lay a seemingly abandoned hotel, as clear as day, about 4 stories tall. It was something I horrifyingly recognized and never wanted to see AGAIN.

That's when I thought to myself, "IF WE ARE IN THE FUCKING PHILIPPINES AND NOT CALIFORNIA, THAT PIECE OF SHIT BUILDING ISN'T SOMETHING I SHOULD BE SEEING." I screamed so loud that I made other cars nearby honk. I inhaled deeply, and realized that the hotel had suddenly changed into prestige condition. It calmed me down, somehow. The one thing that was off was the disappearance of every fucking car on the road and four figures at the trashy hotel staring at me with large yellowed eyes, beating down at me with its gaze. I didn't want to get out of the van when out of the blue, the gas went low.

I hopped out, filled it up, got back in, and drove off, ripping the gas nozzle and it's tube clean off. I proceeded to drive back to the house, only to realize the four figures had taken over and gave me back my stuff and also killed my family. I wasn't sad, but I couldn't say I was happy either. I just drove on until I saw an orange lamb on the side of the road. It looked small, and skinny. I gave it some beans before picking it up and taking it with me. Poor thing was probably in a similar situation as me.

While driving mindlessly because I now had no place to go and my family dead now, I saw my mother's corpse, on a building. She was standing with a bat in her hand. Then she fell off, and bugs crawled out of her eyes. A chill ran down my spine, as I turned left to see decapitated heads of people I knew rolling down the sidewalk. Then I looked back at the lamb whom I took with me. It looked just as frightened as I was. When it changed expressions and looked twice as terrified, I knew there was someone, no, something in the car with us. One of the four figures was in the trunk. Staring us down with its big, yellowed eyes. I crashed the car in horror and then woke up in a forest fire.