Heated

Warning. The image above may disturb you as it contains blood and this story contains,,, well, there is a part where someone falls and hits their head, so injury and cussing.

[RMT]

At school, I was sitting at lunch with my friends until I said I had some illustrations that I wanted to show them. One of them, however, had the audacity to snatch the paper out of my fucking hands. She took one glance at the corner, and before I knew it, she was about to rip the damn paper.

I was angry, but I didn't want a fight. My other friend looked at her in disbelief and asked her to stop and that this wasn't cool. He tried to get the paper back as I told her to stop, but she ripped off the corner drawing and tore it to small pieces as I grabbed her hands and tried to prevent her from doing anything else. I failed. After she shredded it to pieces right in front of me, she started crumpling it, and giving it back to me. I spoke to her in an aggressive tone, trying to keep it down. I told her that I had spent precious fucking time and effort just to draw it, as she looks at me with sad eyes like she'd done NOTHING and said the paper was better without it anyway. I could see tears in her eyes which made me even more mad that she thought she didn't deserve a talk. I left the table as my other friend scooted away from her and sat in his own spot. I didn't have lunch to eat anyway.

By the time the school day was finally over, I couldn't help but think about the drawing my friend ripped. It was a drawing of an emerald covered in dew I made a few weeks back. I was relieved to find out I had saved a picture of it but still disappointed I wouldn't have a physical version. From there, I spent the rest of the ride home listening to music. Honestly, if I had kept thinking about what happened that lunch, I would've gotten a headache.

A few hours later, I was just watching people pass by from my bedroom window until I was called for dinner. Normally, I don't eat with my family at the table but today was an exception. It was noodles, one of my favorites. I got up and washed my hands, but on the way out, I felt really lightheaded. Vision darkening, I tried to keep my balance but failed miserably.

With a thud, I fell to the floor, hitting my head on the wall.

It wasn't a nice experience. I wasn't knocked out, but I felt like I just woke up from a coma and my head was throbbing. I tried to get up, but I felt a pain in my hand and saw that I'd cut it on my way down. I carefully made my way back to the bathroom after panicking for a moment and washed my hands again, checking for any more injuries. I was called to dinner a second time, and I rushed to the kitchen.

They questioned me what happened since they clearly heard the thud. I tried to say that I nearly passed out, but not a single one of them believed me in the slightest. They just said I was making fucking excuses, that I wasn't paying attention to my surroundings and that I was some clumsy idiot. I took my food with me and headed back to my room to eat instead, placing the bowl down on a small table. The area where I hit my head hurt a bit more now, but I ignored it. I searched for some good music to play on YouTube and just sat there, eating dinner in my room. I was pissed at how they didn't believe me let alone show enough concern to check up on me when they heard the thud, but I didn't want to argue.

After my meal, I was looking for my notebook because I had the great urge to draw, but then my mom walked in the room and pulled it out in front of me. She chastised me for my drawings. I just wanted to be an author of a villains and heroes type of series. She ranted about how I need to go to therapy if I continue drawing these things even though it had not done much, and that she never wanted to see these drawings again. She threw the notebook to me, and I was left bummed with what just happened. Before I slept, I locked the door and made sure I had the keys so she wouldn't try to check my other belongings during the night.