Chapter Thirteen: Preparing

With the upcoming war, they all had to be ready. Even if all the Fledglings had to stay home, they had to prepare as well. This was the coven known for completely obliterating towns in just a few months.

They were running out of time, and they weren't of higher power.

"I've contacted other covens for a meeting," Wilbur informed Quackity after catching up with his lover. He'd been talking to some of the others as they were gathering weapons, cleaning them and fixing them to prepare for what was to come.

"Any particular reason why, mi amor?" the Mister asked, curious but still with a fond smile on his face. Wilbur became flustered, having been told the meaning of it by Schlatt just recently.

"Uh—yeah. I just figured that since we may not be able to beat them alone, maybe we could all join together. It could increase our chances, and maybe even help unity between us in the future. Anyway, they've all agreed, and all of the Misters and Mistresses are on their way."

Quackity nodded, a loving smile on his face. "That's absolutely wonderful, Wilbur! Your brain's the brightest I've ever seen, niño bonito."

Wilbur chuckled. "Oh, stop. But thanks for the compliment. How's the blood draws going?"

In order for all the vampires to perform their best, they need energy, and they could only get that from their one food source—human blood. So, they were currently drawing blood from the humans in the household. Of course, they got breaks lasting a few days, and were constantly given foods to help bring it back to keep them alive. But they also had to bring in a few more unsuspecting humans to fulfill the demand of blood, and begin the cycle to allow constant blood.

"It was another amazing idea of yours, Wilbur. Everyone's happy, focusing on practicing rather than hunting. I fear they may become dependent and loose their instincts of the hunt," he joked with a grin. Wilbur laughed.

"Yeah, makes since. I was also wondering something."

"Shoot."

Wilbur gave him a crooked, nervous smile. "What if I invited the Vampire Hunters here?"

Quackity made a face in response, causing the taller to wince. "Why would we do that? Wilbur, they hunt us! They'll kill us!"

"Yeah, but listen. We hunt their people—they're protecting their people just as we're protecting ours. And they can't kill us, they'll be so many vampires around them, they won't get a chance. They'll be told about how many covens as well, and what will happen if they bring weapons and try to fight. And plus, this might be good—maybe we could work out a deal in the future if we survive. Besides, I'm sure they're willing to work with us to protect the humans."

Quackity sighed after debating for a moment. "Fine, you win. Go ahead, amor."

"What are they doing here?" one of the Misters hissed in vampiric at the group of Hunters.

"They're not here entirely out of their own free will," Wilbur spoke as he glanced at the humans. The mortals were shaking or trying to appear threatening, all staying close as a sort of protection. Their heartbeats had been fast before they arrived, skyrocketing when they did and more vampires showed up (Wilbur would be a liar to say he wasn't tempted. He could see the others restraining themselves as well).

"What is the reasoning for this meeting and the humans' presences?" a Mistress of a different coven said softly as she walked up. Her long dress resembling that of vintage fashion displayed her coven's traditional values, secretly warning Wilbur they would soon feed on them. "And not only the pathetic Killers shying away from us now?"