~Chapter 1 (Nostalgia of Xiao) Part 5~

Lumine's flustered mind:

'Gah! Why did he said such a thing? Is he trying to make me misunderstand something? Lumine, calm down...1...2...3...breathe in and out. He said something similar before when I'm with Xiangling so don't be too surprised and think straight. He is just acting just like before. Gahhh! But that's when I'm not certain with my feelings!'

Xiao's mind:

'Did I just said it subconsciously without processing? Will she notice anything? I was very straight forward...wasn't I? She is very intelligent and I am certain that she noticed it... I acted just like before. Maybe she didn't notice. Hm. I don't think it's just the right time to confess though.'

Paimon couldn't read through minds so she just floated in confusion. No one responded to her question. She though it was kinda rude to ignore one's existence.

'Hey! Don't just ignore Paimon! I smell something fishy right over here! But I couldn't tell...'mumbled Paimon in frustration. She crossed her arms in front of her chest and seemed to be quite annoyed of the two people in front of her indulging in their own mind world.

'Uhh...nothing! Paimon, don't be too sensitive over things.'Lumine hastily prevaricated with a flawed excuse.

'Indeed.'agreed Xiao. He couldn't agree more. 

'Hmm... it just doesn't feel right. Paimon is just gonna fly away and observe you two. You two very obviously have something going on and don't want me to know.'said Paimon while flying away to give those two alone time.

'Xiao? Do you talk to everyone like this?' asked Lumine slowly. She was hoping to hear something that she was special but with no grasp.

'No, only you.' spoke Xiao calmly. Lumine raised her head and looked at Xiao with an unbelievable face.

Lumine looked down and thought panicky, 'Huh? So straight forward. Does-does that mean he...he has a special place for me in his heart? Am I thinking wrongly? But it is very obvious and all the things he said match and point directly to...the fact that I am special. Huh?!?'

'Lumine.'Xiao broke out the silence between he and his loved one. Lumine raised her head and looked a bit confused.

'Lumine, I'm not sure if this is the right timing but I just have to say it.' Xiao looked down into Lumine's eyes deeply with undisguised love. It was simple and strong. 

Lumine's heart beaten as fast as it had never been. She could already know what this Yaksha was going to say. She wanted to escape from this situation but wanted to stay and listen to his words. What an odd feeling isn't it?

'I-I developed feelings towards you. I don't know how to show affection and love but I can learn just for you. To be honest with you, I couldn't bear all the thinking about you when you were on a journey to Inazuma. That's when i realised how special you are in my heart. Every night, I just looked up to the dark sky with thousands of bright stars. I always stared at the one that shined the brightest. I see the shine and light of the star. It seemed close but unreachable. Do you think the star will ever come to me?' Xiao said that all in one breath while blushing. He had never said so much in a day before.

'I—I... don't know, Xiao. Star has always been bright and shined over the land of Teyvat. But no one ever understands the cost in order for it to shine. No one understands the past of it and no one has the intention to. If you want to reach it, you'll might step in unknown dangers and pain.  After you hearing all this, you still want to share the burden of the star and all its secrets which might be dangerous?' Lumine's voice tone had never been so serious like this. 

She was scared, scared that he might say a 'No' and left her behind all alone. She could've said 'Yes' eventually but she decided to give him a chance to leave her by telling all possibilities that he might get himself into.